I started to read the papers and saw that they were about us. Some headlines said we were the new, best couple in London, others suggested we must be dating, others that there was a possibility we were dating. When I read further, I found out that indeed people were really trying to figure out who I was and what my function was in society. Some thought I was an actress, others were sure that I was a vet he met in a bar, others claimed that I was a whore.

The last one made me laugh. I showed it to him and he shrugged.

"Agreed."

"Screw you. I can only say that about myself. You can only compliment me."

"Having sex with you was already a compliment."

"Maybe. Maybe not. Anyhow, what are you trying to show me with these papers?" I threw them back into his lap and crossed my arms. He folded them a couple of times and then put them back into his grey coat. Then he slid a hand through his shiny, healthy appearing hair and seemed a bit annoyed. He was such a bad tempered man, would never be able to live with someone like him.

Friends with benefits maybe.

No, Autumn, no thinking about that. God. Error 404, no self-control found.

"I want to make a deal with you. You see, not only newspapers are bloody thrilled about us, social media platforms such as online magazines, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etcetera too. It makes me as a person grow, but also my business. The company. It is an amazing opportunity to convince new people to engage in buying my magazine, because people are interested in my life, what I do and my company."

"And my part?"

"You get the dream of every girl nowadays, wealth and fame. That includes millions of likes on Instagram, a lot of money and loads of free stuff. Everyone will be wanting to work with you and that could be handy for any future plans," he explained, "and you get to spend time with me."

"Wow, what a privilege!" I exclaimed sarcastically to his last sentence.

"It actually is these days. There's not much time left to associate with me."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing. Anyway, are you in?"

I thought for a bit.

"I could definitely use the money, but I'm not so keen of the fame."

"Do it and there will finally be something your mother will be proud of after twenty years."

"Fuck you."

"Funny you say that, it's usually 'fuck me'."

"Give me more details on how you want to achieve your plan. How's it going to work?"

He sighed and this time looked at his watch for real. The gold reflected artificial light of my lamps and made me realize how poor I was.

"You will spend time with me and make sure people believe that we're in a relationship."

"So you're basically using me as a publicity stunt?"

"Yes."

"Okay, thank you for being so straight to the point about that."

"Autumn, I have to leave." He stood up and waited for me to do so, so I did too. "Come here."

"Wh-"

"Just come here. Stand closer to me."

"I'm not your fucking puppy."

"Bloody hell, Autumn, always so stubborn when you're not drunk or horny. I just want to give you something."

"I swear if you pull out your dick I'm going to stab you. In the dick. Repeatedly."

"Sounds promising."

I walked towards him until I felt his breath touching my face. He stared right into my eyes for a couple of seconds and started smiling a bit. It was wicked yet very sweet. His stare seemed to enchant me, because I suddenly couldn't talk and only could think about his lips on mine.

I wanted to tell him that I had been thinking about him. When I was about to have sex with my boyfriend, when I was at school, when I was studying, all the time. I wanted to tell him that I read his books to visualize him saying certain things.

His face started coming closer until the tips of our noses touched.

"Are you sure you want this?" he asked.

"Yes."

He made me lose my mind. He made me function differently. He made me say things I didn't want to, because of my non-existing dignity.

When came even more close, I closed my eyes and prepared for our passionate kiss. But when I thought his lips were about to touch mine, they made a swift left towards my ear.

"Cheers. Then our deal is all set." He backed off and walked out of my house without even saying goodbye.

I thought he was talking about the kiss we were about to have, not the deal. That sneaky son of a motherfucker. A couple of seconds later I realized he had handed me something; a little card with his details on it. I threw it onto the floor and kicked it away. It was stuck to the floor, so I kicked it again and the only result was me having my foot in pain.

"Fuck!" I shouted.

My mom came in from the kitchen and looked at me funny.

"What?!" she shouted in the same tone.

"Nothing!" I replied in the same tone.

"Who was that again?!" she shouted.

"Xavier fucking Montgomery!"

"Are you pregnant with his child?!"

I buried my head into my head and sighed deeply.