forty fourth

A/N:

i think you're all rad for getting me to 2K+ so thanks for that. ok bye.

--

"You okay?" Luke asks me as we walk to lunch together. I shrug and he rubs my lower back gently. I can't help but think I made a mistake forgiving Luke. It's not fair that he treated me like shit and then he got to be mad at me for not a good reason and now we're back together. I know he's sorry but he did lie to Ashton saying we slept together which made Ashton feel he had to sleep with my best friend, he was just upset. Luke caused the pain I went through just because he had some feelings for me and that's not okay.

"Babe, you've barely eaten anything," Luke says quietly after a few minutes of me staring down at my French fries and hamburger. I shake my head slowly, saying I'm not hungry, and he nods and gives me a small smile. I can feel everyone's eyes on us but I'm probably just paranoid because everyone at our table is chatting amongst themselves except for Ashton, he's watching me. When my eyes meet his I quickly look away but I can still feel his stare. I try to focus on the big hamburger in front of me but it makes me want to vomit so I focus on the blue table. It really is quite dirty. I feel Luke's hand on my thigh tense up and I look up to see him looking at an attractive blonde girl wearing a pink dress that makes me cringe, I'm not sure why but it does, walking over to us. He quickly moves his hand and creates a small gap between our bodies that used to be smashed together. He straightens up and I look around the table to see everyone has stopped talking and are all looking at her. I look at Harry and give him a look, telling him to tell me what's going on, but he pretends not to see me even though I caught his eye.

"Hi," is all she says. She flashes her perfect white teeth at me and I warmly return the gesture with a small scrunch of my nose. Her eyes move to Luke who looks thunderstruck and her smile widens. He asks her what she's doing here and her smile slowly fades. "Are you not happy to see me?"

"No, I am," he assures her nervously and her smile returns. He looks around the table eagerly but no one comes to his rescue. I'm not sure what's going on but it feels awkward especially with Luke who's nervously saying 'uhh' every two seconds. "Are you here to see someone?" She lets out a perfect laugh that makes me want to melt on the spot because of how perfect she is and when she finally settles down she tells Luke she's here to see him. I pick my head up off of my hand that was supported by my elbow against the table and I look at him. This perfect Barbie doll girl is here to see Luke and I'm not sure what I'm feeling right now. I'm jealous and angry and nervous and embarrassed all at the same time. Maybe her and Luke were old friends or something.

"Calum!" She laughs and walks around the table to hug him. He doesn't hug her back though, he just remains seated with his hands pinned to his sides while the girl hugs him. She asks him how he is and how his mom is doing and he replies with short answers like 'good'. Luke looks at me and I give him my full attention. He mouths the words " I'm sorry" to me and I give him a smile before resting my hand on his. The girl walks back to our side of the table and sits down in the empty seat next to Luke. She crosses her perfectly tanned legs and watches Luke. She talks about what she did over the summer and when I look around no one looks moderately amused or interested in her story. When she finishes she checks her large gold watch and gasps when she sees the time.

"I've got to run!" She smiles and stands up. She leans over towards Luke and before I realize what she's doing her lips are on Luke's and my hand is griping Luke's so tight he gasps when she pulls away and walks off, more like skips off. There's something off about her, no one is that perfect.

"You're going to break my wrist," Luke winces but I don't loosen my grip. My blood is boiling and I can feel the hot prickly sensation in my chest. I don't let go if his hand as I wait for him to explain but words fail him. He tells me the same thing over and over again," the kiss didn't mean anything, I'm sorry." I release his hand and he tries to kiss me but the mere thought of his lips touching me after he kissed someone else causes the single French fry I ate start to rise in my throat. He realizes this quickly and tries to assure me that he didn't know what she was doing. I still don't know this girls name and how she knows Luke.