twelvth

I wake up to Luke's arm across my chest and our legs entangled. I don't plan on moving him so I grab my kindle from my bedside table and read the book I've started.

He shifts positions and his head lands on my chest. I know he's fast asleep because of his light snore. I probably fell asleep before Luke and he decided to stay in my bed instead of going back to my brothers room.

"Good morning," I say when he sleepily raises his head.

"Sorry," he says and rubs his eyes," I didn't mean to invade your space."

"It's fine," I say," all we did was sleep."

"Right,"

He untangles our legs and moves a little so there's space between us. I shiver because of the lack of his body heat and I move closer to him. I put my kindle back on the table and nuzzle my head into his bare chest.

"Jessica," he says.

"Shut up," I tell him and he chuckles.

I sit downstairs at my kitchen counter and eat my lucky charms cereal while I wait for Luke to finish taking a shower.

"Cereal is in that cabinet," I tell him when he walks into the kitchen.

"Thanks," he says and sits down next to me.

"What are you doing today?" I ask him.

"I don't know," he says.

"I'm going to the mall with Elena," I tell him," don't wreck my house while I'm gone."

"I'll try,"

"You can come with us," I say," we'll probably get some lunch."

"Maybe," he says.

"I should get ready," I say," I'll text Elena and tell her you're coming with."

He nods and I walk up to my room.

I change into black skinny jeans and a white v-neck. I put on my maroon vans and tie my hair in a messy ponytail. I put on my bracelets and my Michael Kors watch and do my makeup before going downstairs to Luke. He's wearing a plain black muscle tee with black ripped skinny jeans and black vans.

"Wow," I say.

"What?"

"Very black," I tell him and he smiles.

"You look good," he says and stands from his seat.

"I told Elena and she was cool with it," I say," I'm picking her up in like an hour. And thank you."

"What time is it?"

"It's 1:15," I say and sit down on my couch. He sits down next to me, leaving a gap between us.

"Did you tell Ashton?" He asks softly.

"No," I say," I tried to avoid him so I wouldn't have to say anything but he was with me the entire night and I couldn't do it."

"Did you tell him I stayed the night?" He asks.

"I didn't think it was a big deal," I say," but I'll tell him if you think it is."

"It's not a big deal," he says," I don't think he'd mind I slept with his girlfriend."

"'Slept' as in sleeping in the same bed not fucking," he corrects himself.

"I know," I tell him.

"I don't think our goodbye kiss was fair," he says after five minutes of comfortable silence.