eighteenth

"We need to talk," Ashton says, following me on my way to the lunch room.

"Honestly," I say," you're the last person I want to talk to but I have to."

"That takes a lot of nerve since you left the party while I was saying bye to people," he says.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I ask," I was waiting outside for half an hour after everyone left for you."

"You left with Harry," he says," before me."

"No," I say," you left with Diana."

"No I didn't," he says," who told you that?"

"Luke," I say," who told you I left with Harry?"

"Lucas fucking Hemmings," he says.

"Where the hell is that prick?" I say and we storm into the lunch room and walk over to our table.

"You lied to me," I say to him.

"What?"

"You lied to me and Ashton," I say.

"Ashton and I," he corrects me.

"Holy shit," I scoff," I can't believe you. After everything I've helped you with, you're supposed to be my friend."

"I have no idea what you're talking about," he says.

There isn't a lot of people in the cafeteria yet so I'm not worried if someone overhears my yelling.

"Last night you told Jessica I left with Diana," Ashton says," and you told me she left with Harry."

"Okay, yes," he says," I didn't think-"

"I don't give a shit if you thought or not!" I yell at him," you had no right to come in between Ashton and I. We were going to take a walk, why did you feel the need to lie to us to keep us from talking?"

"Because Ashton cheated on you!" He yells at me.

My eyes grow wide and I can feel the color draining from my skin.

"Jess," Ashton starts.

"Please," I say quietly, closing my eyes so I can't see him in front of me," don't say anything."

"It wasn't anything," he says and hold my hands.

"Shut up!" I yell and pull away from him.

"What the fuck is your problem?" He yells at Luke.

"It's not my fault you slept with Ally," he says and my heart drops to my stomach.

I've never felt like this before. There are deathly moths dancing around in my stomach instead of butterflies. I feel worse than the time I found out Scott was cheating on me. She's supposed to be my best friend. He's supposed to be my best friend. I want to scream and curl up into a ball and cry at the same time. I want to punch him in the face but I don't want him to get the satisfaction of seeing me mad.

"You," I whisper while I drop onto the seat," you slept with my best friend?"

"I was upset and drunk," he says," I'm sorry."

"I need you not to say anything," I whisper.

"I'm sorry," he says and sits down next to me as our friends start walking through the doors and over to us.

"What's going on?" Harry asks.

"What happened?" Michael asks me and I stand up, grabbing my lunch with me, and walk to the doors.