fortieth

A/N

hi twerps i just wanted to say thanks for 1K+ reads bc that's pretty cool and all. i can't come up with any cool ship names for jessica and luke idkk. whatever bye.

---

My eyes flutter open to see the outline of someone's body. I jump back a little and switch the room light on. Luke is standing at the foot of my bed with his arms at his sides and his hands in fists. His eyes are wild and his hair is sticking up all over the place. He fell asleep on the couch last night before I crept back into my room after talking to Nathan's friend. I still don't know his name.

"Good morning," I smile weakly but he narrows his eyes at me.

"Good morning?" He scoffs.

"What do you want me to say?" I say quietly.

"Why you fucking disappeared last night," he says with his voice laced with anger.

"Luke I want a break from us. I'm out of the hospital in a couple of days after I get my results back and then we can go back to the way we were," I tell him.

"We're not taking a break," he says quietly. The anger fades from his eyes as he sits down right besides me and takes my hand in his.

"It's only for a couple of days," I whisper to him. I run my finger along the stubble lining his jaw.

"Why?" He asks quietly.

"I just want some space," I tell him. He falls quiet and I can feel the tears start to prick my eyes. My chest starts to heat up and I cautiously put pressure on the area.

"Are you okay?" He asks and shifts positions so he's closer to me. His arms are on both sides of me while he hovers over me in a push up sort of position. I pull him down so he laying on me and smash my lips against his. He lets out a soft groan when I graze mg teeth against his jaw. I slip my tongue into his mouth and gently tug on his upper lip. My hand is on the back of his neck and the other is up his shirt and on his back. He soon pulls his shirt off and tosses it onto the couch besides us. His arms and legs are supporting his weight on both sides of me.

"I love you," I gasp in between kisses. He chuckles quietly against my lips and I snap my eyes open to see Ashton, Michael, and Nathan's friend all standing and staring at us. I push Luke off of me and he sits down on the bed.

"Hi," I cough. When I look over at Luke who's laughing silently while pulling his shirt back on.

"You left your phone in Nathan's room," the boy says and avoids eye contact with me while he hands me my phone. I thank him and he quietly slips out of my room.

"What's going on?" I ask and sit up to face all of them.

"Who's Nathan?" Ashton asks and Luke rolls his eyes.

"Why do you care?" Luke asks and cocks his eyebrow.

"Just curious," he says.

"Yeah sure," Luke mumbles.

"I didn't get to see you earlier," I say to Michael and he gives me a long and tight hug.

"You're okay now?" He asks and sits on the bed with me.

"Yeah,"

"Good because we're going to watch a movie here tonight," he smiles and I do the same.

"Really?" I ask and look around the room. Luke is still glaring at Ashton and Ashton's busy flipping Luke off.

"Will you stop that?" I say to both of them and they shake their heads. Every once in a while they'll look up from their phone screens to give the other a nasty look.