Chpt 15 : To Each His Own

Bowsette had gotten up before dawn. As much as she wanted to sleep a little more, she had to get back home ASAP. Her trip back home to the Koopa kingdom would take her at least half the day, even then she wasn't planning on making a return trip. At least not until she gets what she needs. She walked over to Mario, who had been sleeping on the couch this whole time.

Tch...don't get to comfy. I'll be back soon.

She grabbed her bag, which she stuffed some extra clothes in. She took out a letter that she wrote for Mario when he finally wakes up. She laid it flat on the coffee table. Hopefully he doesn't mistake it for rubbish and throw it away. It was important that he read it. She headed towards the front door, carrying her bag in hand, but then she saw Mario's wallet lying on the dresser.

Stupid bastard never learns does he

Without thinking she reached out to grab it, but stopped midway. Her expression was serious. This was the first time that she hesitated stealing, especially when it was from Mario. A few moments had passed till she decided to let it go. She looked back at Mario one more time to make sure he was still asleep, the sun was going to be up pretty soon, best she leaves before then.

She opened the front door, and walked outside. She checked one more time that she had the key. It was important that she didn't lose it. She fished it out form her back pocket and tucked it nicely in her backpack, and sealed the zip with a lock, stashing the lock key in her bra.

Once she was satisfied, she slowly closed the door, and walked off the property, towards town. Luckily the carriage rides weren't that expensive when you were traveling outside the kingdom. It was going to be a long journey, but it would pay off big time in the end.

Not too long now, she thought. I'll be back for more princess.

*******

"This really isn't good", one of the head guards said, "Can you remember who assaulted you last night?"

"N-no...if I try to recall last night, my head hurts really bad. I'm sorry but...I failed"

One of the castles high ranking guards had arrived at the scene, when the princess sent out word for help. When he got there, the injured guard was being tended to by the castle's maids. He had suffered a mild concussion. At that time, he wasn't awake, but now that the sun had risen and he was strong enough, he was asked a few questions.

"When you're able, I'll need to interrogate you to make sure that this wasn't an inside job. You know how these procedures go..."

The injured man had looked like he was about to throw up, but the fact was that he was feeling terribly anxious. "Yes sir, I understand"

"very well. I'll return tomorrow, if there's any messages that you would like me to relay to anyone in particular, now's the time"

"No sir. All I want to know is if our princess is safe"

"She's safe. Just a little distraught"

"I understand. The key...it's gone"

The head Guards brow furrowed, his face grew stern, "There's nothing we can do now, but protect her highness. That is our primary duty.

Meanwhile, in her room, Peach was lying in bed. She hardly got any sleep last night, luckily Daisy and Rosalina kept her company. There was a little noise last night, so before they could go to bed, they came to investigate what all the commotion was about.

When they finally arrived, and soon after they were updated on what had happened, they stood by Peach's side to help her. When it started to approach 1 am, they decided it was best to let the professionals take care of it, and let Peach rest a bit.