Chpt 29: Plan In Motion

Their morning wasn’t so eventful, but they found themselves enjoying the peace and quiet. Luigi and Daisy were having breakfast at a local dinery, that served delicious breakfast treats, and sizzling hot bacon and eggs with pancakes, topped with the syrup of your choice. The two of them had enjoyed their breakfast, but most importantly, they cherished each other’s company.

After they finished their breakfast, they walked out of the diner, and walked to a nearby park. People were spending time with their spouses, enjoying a relaxing morning with their families.  Luigi and Daisy walked to a nearby ice cream stand, and bought some in a cone for themselves. They walked around the park for a while, eating their ice cream, talking about all the things they got up to since the last time they met.

“Well…I’ve had my share if work to do back home. Nothing exciting”
“How long have you been staying at Peach’s castle?”

“I visited not too long ago. I missed this place, and it’s been a while since I saw her”

Luigi had just finished up his ice cream, crushed the ice cream cone, and threw the crumbs near a flock of birds, “Well…I’ve had my fair share of work to get done. It was a handful, but I managed to get it done”

Daisy giggled, “Maybe you could tell me more about it sometime”

“That depends on how long you plan on staying”

“Actually…not for long. I’m planning on leaving in a few days”

“Well maybe we could go on another date before then”

She smiled, “Are you sure you’re not to busy for little old me?”

“Come on Daisy...”, he laughed, “I’ve got nothing but time. Besides I’ve missed you Daisy”

“Luigi you idiot!”, she bumped him, trying to hide her embarrassment. He took a hold of her hand, and pulled her close to his arm, “Come on Daisy, the day’s still young. Let’s go have some fun”
**********
Meanwhile, back at Peach’s castle…
Peach standing in the hallway, rubbing her temple. She wasn’t expecting any bad news this soon, at least not when the peace in the castle was r starting to return. Rosalina rested a hand on Peach’s shoulder, “Peach are you okay?”

She sighed, “It’s nothing, just a little frustrated is all”

Earlier that same day, a windmill caught on fire, which spread across the fields. It wasn’t a huge fire, and no one got hurt. But the fire destroyed a large portion of the crops that would’ve been harvested before the winter. Once Peach calmed down, she ordered the guard to report this incident to the head guard, and send as many men necessary to subdue the fire and investigate what caused it. 

“Right away Princess Peach, anything else?”

“No, that will be all”

After the guard walked away, Peach walked to her room, Rosalina accompanied her. On their way, Rosalina had asked one of the maids standing by to bring Peach something to drink, and have it brought to her room. Once they made it there, Rosalina closed the door behind them, and walked over to Peach, who was sitting on her bed. Rosalina sat next to her. “Peach…”, she rubbed her back, “It’s going to be okay, I’m here for you”

She chuckled, “It’s funny, just when I thought things were returning to normal, this happens”
“It could be worse…”

“It can always be worse…that’s what I’m afraid of”, she sighed, covering her face with the palm of her hands. Just then a maid had walked in with a tray, carrying a jug of ice-cold water, and two cups. Rosalina instructed her to lay the tray on the dresser. Once she was gone, Rosalina poured them both a glass.