Chpt 12 : The Dress

Today was going to be a busy day, in preparation for the big party tomorrow.

Peach and Daisy were walking around the castle, instructing servants on what decorations needed to go where. She had hired a professional party planner, but he hadn't shown up yet. But he did send his employees to start off without him. It would take a lot of work, So Peach assigned some of her servants to help speed the process. Now the only thing left was for Rosalina to arrive with the flowers.

Just then, one of the guards arrived. He bowed to Princess Peach, "Good day Princess Peach, Miss Rosalina has just arrived with the flowers that you arranged for"

"Perfect, bring her to me. I'll arrange for one of the party planners to take care of the flowers"

"As you wish Princess Peach", and with that, he marched back out.

Just a few minutes later, Rosalina had arrived. Peach and Daisy walked up to her and gave her a firm hug. "its so great to see ya", Daisy said.

"I hope your travels weren't to problematic", Peach added.

She smiled at the two of them, "Don't worry girls, I had a nice time"

"what did you get up to?", Daisy asked.

"Just a little shopping for tomorrow. For now, I think we need some refreshments to cool off"

The ladies walked to the dining hall. Peach saw one if the servant girls busy sorting out the drapes, she motioned for her to come over. The servant girl dropped what she was doing, and walked over to the princess. "Good day Princess Peach", she curtsied.

"Hello dear girl. If you may, can you please head over to the kitchen and tell the head chef to arrange for three smoothies for us"

"Yes mam. What flavours would you like me to tell the head chef?"

"strawberry!", Daisy said in excitement.

"I'll have a raspberry smoothie dear girl", Rosalina added

"And I'll have a Vanilla chocolate Smoothie", and with that, the servant girl bowed before leaving to go to the kitchen. The three of them stood there, admiring the decorations that had been put up so far. The castles chandler had been hand-crafted years ago by her great-grandfather. The castle itself was very old, but it still looked sturdy and strong. This much is owed to the hard work of people that served her family over the years.

"Hey Peach, so...did you figure out what you're gonna do tomorrow?", Daisy asked.

Peach just looked at her confused, "What do you mean Daisy?"

"well...it's just that Mario is probably gonna come tomorrow with his new friend or whatever. And I don't want you to lose out on enjoying yourself because of a little...drama"

"I...I'm sure I'll be alright"

She honestly wasn't sure just yet, but she didn't want to have to carry that burden any longer. The sooner she could put all of what happened behind her, the better she thought she'd feel afterwards. It's just...

"don't' worry girls, I'll be fine"

"And what about Mario's date? Won't her presence bother you?", Rosalina asked

That women. Mario, she could deal with. But Bowsette was another story. "If Mario truly loves her...then I won't stop him. But I have to try tomorrow"

"Are you sure your plan is gonna work? What if he says no?"

Surely, he'll think about it, about what I wrote in that letter. She Lowered her head down, thinking of the possibilities. Each negative thought made her feel more and more uneasy, what if he says no, she thought. She could feel a hand on her shoulder, when she looked up, she saw Rosalina looking down at her, concerned.