haha when u have math homework to make up so you

PROCRASTINATE!!!

Context/TW: It's Hector. He's in space jail. It's pretty edgy.

Hector had no idea where he was, or if he was still asleep. His back felt strange, like it was in severe pain and yet completely numb. He involuntarily placed a hand on his shoulder- to his surprise his spines were missing and replaced by bandages. Hyperventilating, he frantically squirmed around in his chair, desperately grabbing for something that wasn't there.

"Your spines have been removed-"

"Why?" Hector interrupted, his voice rough and his throat sore.

"They technically count as weapons, and we don't allow those on the premises."

"You know I can't grow these back, right?"

The lights came on, and Hector was momentarily blinded. He spat at the first thing he saw: a tall, dark figure.

The figure pulled out a handkerchief and wiped at their jacket. "Do you know where you are?"

"Uh, jail?"

"Very good. What's the last thing you remember?"

"The... The shower."

"Yes, the shower. You have a bit of a temper, don't you?"

"What makes you say that?" He growled, clenching his fists.

The figure chuckled, their voice dripping honey. "What provoked you? In the shower, I mean."

Hector stood up, pounding his fists on the table. The chair fell over as he yelled: "You weren't there, you have no idea what he was going to do to me! I had no other choice! He's a rotten bastard, I wish I really did kill him-"

The figure leaned forward, yet he still couldn't make out any distinct features. "What provoked you, Hector?"

"I had no fucking choice," He snarled through gritted teeth.

"How do you know?"

"How- How do I know?! What the fuck kinda question is that?!"

The figure shrugged, backing off. "You sound like you need a cough drop or something. Something to drink? What do you want?"

"What?"

He heard Avery's voice, "What do you want?"

"I..."

"Water?" The figure asked, their sickeningly sweet tone returning.

Hector nodded. A glass of water was pushed towards him, and he quickly grabbed it and gulped it down. He heard a familiar giggle, and Avery was there again; leaning over the table and smiling at him.

"You sure are thirsty," Avery laughed. "Don't drink too fast, you'll get hiccups."

The glass fell from his hands, exploding into a million shards on the floor.

"Hector," The figure said. "You know your higher-ups don't appreciate those violent outbursts."

"I... I think I might be hallucinating or something..."

The figures interest peaked. "What do you see?"

What would he say, someone who's trust he betrayed? Someone who haunted him at night, someone who made him wish he had done something different? Someone who he hoped would forgive him, someone who he longed to see again?

"An old friend..."

"That's nice, what are they doing?"

"They.... They're smiling at me."

"Do you miss them? Do you miss their smile?"

Hector could feel tears welling up, but he refused to let them show. He said nothing, looking down at the floor. He choked on his tears; cursing his softened heart. The figure patted his shoulder, and sat down in a chair across from him.

"I'm Dr.Morrow, Hector. You have been deemed unstable, which is why I'm here. I'm your therapist. Hopefully you'll open up to me more, because if you don't I won't be able to help you."

"I don't need your help," He whispered, his voice shaking.

"We'll see about that," The figures voice dripped with not only honey but sarcasm. "Until then, our next appointment is in three days time. One o'clock. AM."

"I'm really interested is this 'friend' of yours, Hector." Dr.Morrow paced around the brightly lit room.

"Why is it so bright in here?" Hector tried desperately to change the subject.

"I have very weak eyes."

He could feel Dr.Morrow's presence behind him. He didn't dare move.

"...Are you scared of me? Don't bother answering, I can tell by your body language. Do you know why you're scared?"

"I'm not-" Hector retorted, but then composed himself. "I'm just... Wary. I don't trust you."

"Aw," The figure paces around the room once more. "You should, you know. We are going to be spending a lot of time together."

"Maybe if you let me actually see you I would trust you more."

A honey-coated chuckle echoes throughout the chamber. The blinding lights overhead switched off; and the room was pitch dark. His eyes quickly adjusted.

"Do you trust me now?"

A woman in a pantsuit towered over his wimpy frame. Her neck was like that of a snake's (if he even knew what a snake was) and a pair of slits he could only assume were eyes gave off an eerie glow. Upon closer inspection he could see scales; so feathery and thin it was as if she was made of paper. Dr.Morrow cocked her head and smiled, baring row after row of needle-like teeth.

Hector swallowed his fear and replied: