eyyy it's another one

based off of one of my ideas i put in the first book

That watch. The thing that both ruined my life and gave it purpose. I watched it tick, counting down. I had what, a few hours? A few hours 'till what? What could be so important, the end of the world?

It started a few weeks ago, Christmas time. My own mother gave me that watch, that's why I still had it. It was at zero when I opened it, my Mom said I had to set it up or whatever, but before I could the number changed, flashing to an impossible time, and it started counting down. I never got to ask my mom about it.

Now, a few weeks later, I was almost there. Almost back to zero. What was going to happen at zero? I had to know. I checked the time on my phone. It was a little past eleven in the morning. Damn, I was really awake for that long? Stupid insomnia. My stomach growled, and realizing didn't have anything to eat, I got dressed. I pocketed my phone, my keys, and a few bucks. The ticking of the watch reminded me that I had a little over an hour and a half left before the unknown took place. I put it on and left my small apartment, locking the door behind me.

Yeah i dunno where to go with this?  

feel free to take this and run with it, and you know what i say about my ideas, if you win some kind of award credit me