my boy shorts are twisted (rant)

lmao i'm kidding (but this is a rant)

but this person was ranting and it just made me remember all this shit and now i want to rant

they were ranting about kids these days and how little kids are walking around with smart phones like what the frick when i was your age i played with barbies wyd

but they are extremely right about shit like kids growing up too fast because we have thirteen year olds getting preggos and fifth graders in short shorts and makeup

when i was in fifth grade i wore justice t shirts because i was trying to be hip ;(

but also the people writing this stuff (myself included) we may be kinda right but we sound like stereotypical old people lmao

tbh the thing i have to be the most upset about has got to be the quality of kids television like half of it is going down the drain

kids tv these days is still really good, i gotta admit. some shows and movies are really good, both kids and adults can enjoy watching them. they have good messages and shit like that. a lot of people like how inclusive some shows can be, like when they have characters from different heritages or lgbt characters and all that stuff.

a really good example of this is zootopia because it has a message that applies to both kids and adults (like y'know racism is bad and stuff). (lets also not forget shows like The Loud House, Steven Universe, We Bare Bears, and Clarence to name a few.)

But then there's the other side of children's television. The side that uses fart jokes as their main source of comedy. Don't get me wrong, fart jokes are funny and most shows, even the good ones, have them. But you can only go so far on fart jokes. These shows are poorly made tbh. 

A really good example of shows like these is Teen Titans Go. Cartoon Network has a ton of great shows, but it has started going downhill. I kind of feel like the beginning of it's downfall was Teen Titans Go. It's not the worst show out there, but compared to the original Teen Titans it's garbage.

Not just Cartoon network is losing it's edge, over half of Disney XD's shows are shitty live action series with little to no plot, and don't even get me started on Nickelodeon. 

Long story short, I mainly just go on Nickelodeon for reruns of Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents.

And back to an earlier subject, kids live action shows.

These shows are worse than adult's live action television. Of course, adult live action is pretty good in the most part. But I'm talking about sitcoms with laugh tracks, you know those shows. 

I've noticed that most kid's live action is the type with laugh tracks, and besides this they're just even worse, with shitty special effects and again, barely any plot, live action is definitely not kid-friendly. At least, that's what kids studios are seeming to convice me. If they actually try, maybe live action could work, but the shows I've seen so far are just as bad as some of the cartoons, except somehow worse???

i don't know how they're worse than the cartoons, it's weird. 

idk, maybe i'm just a crazy old lady.

There are good shows on tho, like i have a list of good shit

x- Star VS The Forces of Evil

x- They still show Gravity Falls, even though it's over

x- Right Now Kapow has pretty clever jokes tbh

x- Steven Universe

x- The Amazing World of Gumball also has extremely clever jokes, the kind some kids might not even get

x- Do they still show Regular Show or is it gone for good?

x- Clarence is surprisingly good

x- The Loud House is also surprisingly good like seriously wow

x- Again, they still show reruns of Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents (though they too are slowly getting worse plots)

Please keep in mind that this is all my opinion

and, if you found a really good kids show that isn't on this list let me know