Chapter 125

Love enables you to put your deepest feelings and fears in the palm of you partner's hand, knowing they will be handled with care... - Carl S. Avery -

David remained silent and looked at her intently as Alexa told him what happened and what led her to write the note... He did not know whether to believe what he heard even when Alexa had finished but after a while all his focus turned to only one thing on his mind...

David : But I already told you before, Ally, I don't want you to be my sister!!!

Alexa : I know that... That day, I realized I can't live without you... I can't allow my children to grow without their father... When I called you from London I was ready to tell you everything and I want to tell you that you are going to be a father of twins... But...

David : TWINS? Then they are both mine? (Alexa could feel his excitement as she looked at him...) Ally, I didn't know then but later, Trisha admitted she meant for you to see her that way... She thought the shirt was mine because it was on our bed... I use it as a pillowcase so I could hug you... You could at least have told me about the kids...

Alexa : (Her eyes wondered to the sea and tears had never stopped falling...) I was so angry then that I nearly had a miscarriage... I had to stay in the hospital until they were born... Jason wanted to tell you but I stopped him... Don't blame him... When you saw the kids at the airport in Hongkong, Jason had decided that when he sees you at the wedding, he will tell you everything... I couldn't change his mind so I was already prepared for this confrontation... I just did not know it would be this soon...

David : Those were the same kids? And you were there? (She nodded...) You were so close!!!

Just then his phone rang and was surprised to hear from Val...

Val : Where are you?

David : I'm here in Keelung... Are you with Jason? (He could hear one of the twins crying asking for Alexa...) You are suppose to be on your way to London... What are you doing here?

Val : How did you know we're here? Did you say Keelung? By any chance are you at the beach?

David : I am... Please tell my kid that Mommy will be home soon... Will you put Jason on? (When he heard Jason's voice...) How is Dad?

Jason : He's okay now... Mom's waiting for you...

David : I'm glad to hear that... I'll see them later, though... I just have an important issue to take care of and this can't wait... Are you at the condominium?

Jason : Yes...

David : I'll see you later then... (He turned to Ally as soon as he ended the call...) The kids are looking for you... Let's go home...

__________________________

Meanwhile, in Val's place... As soon as Jason ended the call, he tried to take Davey from Crissy who was trying to pacify him...

Val : How did David know about the kids? Have you told him about them?

Jason : Not yet... If he was at your wedding I would have... But if you said he's in Keelung, he must have seen Atsee there... I called the driver who was suppose to take her here and he said they are in Keelung because she asked to be taken there instead... It was meant to be, I guess... As I kept telling Atsee, it's about time she tells David about them... I just don't know how David would take the rest...

Val : (He smiled amusingly when he heard Jason address Alexa...) Talking about the world being small... You must be very proud, Jason, because you are half of who they are!!! (He teased...)