Chapter 28

Love is a gift, not an obligation, follow your heart and always trust the person you love…  - Anonymous -

After the show, Gio was introduced to Jason and they all had dinner together during which Jason did not hide his intentions towards Alexa and she seemed to enjoy it while Crissy watched with approval and even encouraged it…  Alexa invited Gio to her house to talk so that Crissy and Jason could prepare their things for their trip the next day and he obliged…  Alexa chose to ride with Gio to Jason’s dismay but on their way, Crissy told him the story of Gio and Alexa…

Jason :  Do you think Alexa still loves him?

Crissy :  There’s no doubt about it…  But the question is, is he really in love with her?  I hope Alexa would be wiser this time…

__________________________

Alexa went out to the garden after changing into a more comfortable outfit to join Gio who was waiting for her by the man-made waterfall on the far side of the garden…  Looking at Gio in a violet, long sleeve folded to a quarter length polo shirt and black slacks, he never failed to take her breath away…  She was mesmerized at the sight of him looking at her so lovingly that she forgot they had already broken off…  She really missed him that she practically ran straight into his arms…  Crissy was in her room observing them and when she saw Alexa’s reaction, she was disappointed…

Gio :  God, I missed you, baby…  I missed you so much…

Being locked in his arms, Alexa was lost…  The sound of water splashing to the pond brought her to a place where flowers enhanced to the serenity of the surrounding…  The vines of green leaves that crept to conceal the cables that held the bridge where she stood wrapped in the arms of the man who took her heart and drew her out of her shell to be alive in his…  When she looked up at him, his lips were there waiting to capture hers and when he released her…

Gio :  Don’t leave me, Alexa…  Don’t go back to Taiwan tomorrow…

__________________________

Crissy could not stand looking at them in each other’s arms, kissing as if there’s no tomorrow…  “He hurt her bad but she forgave him and worst, she’s back in his arms again…  When will you ever learn that he’s bad news to you, Alexa?  Is the pain of losing him worst than the pain of knowing he’s only using you?  When will you stop loving the wrong person?  She was so disappointed that she didn’t want to face Alexa…

Meanwhile…  “Don’t go back to Taiwan???”  She slowly opened her eyes when she realized where she was…  When she looked up at him again, realizing who he was, she slowly moved away from him…  No, she has to leave tomorrow, she thought…  If she could leave tonight, she would have…  She wanted to be where he is…  To know what he truly feels…  To find out the truth between him and Irene…  To see him one more time…

Gio :  (He sensed her confusion…)  What is it Alexa?

Alexa :  Nothing…  I…I have to go back, Gio…  It’s a commitment…

Gio :  What about us?

Alexa :  What about us?  There is no us…  I thought you understood the last time we talked…

Gio :  You still love me…  I know from your reaction just now…

Alexa :  Maybe…  But you hurt me bad and I just can’t allow you to hurt me again…  If I do then I will lose my self-respect…  I still want to look at you and receive you like this, as the person I once loved…  I don’t want to look at you with contempt…  I’m sorry if you misunderstood but I thought we could still be friends despite what happened between us…