Chapter 25 ( The Big Mistake )

True love is when your heart and your minds are saying the same thing…  - Leanna L. Bartram -

Meanwhile, in Taipei, Elena and Sarah were having a heated discussion about going to the hotel where Alexa is staying…

Sarah :  Mommy, if you want to go to Ate Alexa, don’t take me with you…  The last time we were there, she already gave you all her money, what makes you think she will give you again?  You shouldn’t have used up all our money buying things we don’t even need…

Elena :  Who gave you the right to give me a lecture?  I am still your mother…  Let’s go…  You are coming with me…  She has to give us money or else…

Sarah could almost see what would happen once they reach the hotel and meet Alexa…  The last time they were in her suite, although she gave them money, almost a thousand US dollars in fact, they had a heated argument and Alexa threatened to take it out on their next month’s allowance…  If she’d make true her word, she was thinking they would not be expecting money from her for the next two months…  She could not understand why her mom treats Alexa the way she did when she had been good to them all these years…  Just because her mom’s friend came back from her tour of Taiwan with lots of stuff she bought, her mom thought she’d do the same and packed up shortly after that, used the money her cousin left for her father’s death anniversary…  Alexa was right to be angry with her mom the last time…  Her father was everything to Alexa and for her mother to treat it without respect was just odious, she thought…  Reaching the entrance of the hotel, she stopped her mom…

Sarah :  Mom, let’s not do it…  I don’t think Ate Alexa will like it…

Elena :  Sarah, it’s almost lunch now and we’ve not had our breakfast yet…  I will ask her just enough to get us through the day and there’s this figurine that I want to buy and I’m sure Mareng Olivia will be green with envy when she sees it…  Okay?

At the front desk, they were informed that Alexa was currently out of town shooting and they didn’t know when she’d be back…  When she asked them if they could wait in her room, the staff politely declined since none of them had the knowledge where they could contact her to vouch for them…  They further reasoned that it was hotel’s policy to ensure their guest’s security especially when they have specific instructions regarding Alexa’s safety…  Elena insisted but gave up after a while…  Walking out of the hotel, Elena thought of selling some of the stuff she bought to Filipinos they would meet on the road…  She opened her bag and took out a list of items she had bought to assess which ones she could do without…  While looking for a pen, she found the necklace that she took from Alexa…  It really looked familiar but she could not remember where she saw it…  It gave her an idea and took it to a pawnshop to have it assessed for its real value…  The owner gave her a good price for it and Elena sold it to the owner…  So, Alexa lied!!!  She did not get it from the night market after all…  With the money they got from the necklace, they were not only assured of their meals till the morning she’d be able to buy the figurine that she liked…

__________________________

At the airport in Kaohsiung, they were informed that their flight to Taipei would be delayed for another half hour…  Alexa and David walked side by side leisurely between Alexa’s bodyguards…  Crissy, Val, Jackie and James followed closely behind and seeing Alexa and David together brought back memories of their first encounter…  Crissy smiled at the thought and Val was curious…

Crissy :  Alexa, doesn’t this remind you of something?  About a month ago in Hong Kong…

Alexa :  Crissy!!!  (Alexa looked at David embarrassingly…)