Chapter 57

Those that go searching for love, only manifest their own lovelessness…  And the loveless never find love, only the loving find love…  And they never have to seek for it…  - D. H. Lawrence -

AT THE PRODUCTION OFFICE - Philippines

She showed up with her puffy eyes followed by Crissy and Jason who never left her side ever since…  When she woke up that morning, she felt light headed but somehow refreshed…  She vowed then that she won’t allow David hurt her again…  This time he had to let her go…

Jackie :  There you are…  How are you feeling?  I was so worried about you yesterday but Crissy said you had a good rest…  Migraine attacks again?  Here, I bought you a new phone…  David will call you later…  Are you sure you are okay?

Alexa :  (Alexa gave Crissy her new phone…)  Yes, I am, thanks…  When do we start?  (Whispering to Crissy…)  Tell him I busy when he calls…

Jackie :  In a while…

David’s call came thru in the middle of the song she was trying to learn but could not concentrate on…  Crissy received the call…  Crissy did not bother to lie or make excuses why he could not speak with Alexa…

Crissy :  I am sorry, David, Alexa is finding it hard learning the songs because she could not concentrate…  If you called to explain what happened that night, that would not be a good idea right now…  Don’t bother to ask Tita Jack’s assistance if you don’t want her to know what you did to Alexa… 

David :  Crissy, please let me talk to her just for 5 minutes…  I just want to hear her voice…

Crissy :  I can’t give the phone to her…  I’m sorry…  If she wanted to talk to you, I wouldn’t have answered your call in the first place…

Crissy immediately turned off the phone and David could not do anything…  He tried Jackie’s number…

David :  Jackie, I am sorry to disturb you but I can’t get hold of Alexa…  I keep getting the wrong number…  Is she with you?  May I talk to her please?

Jackie :  Really?  Hold on, David…  (He heard her call Alexa…  And after a while he heard her voice…)

Alexa :  Hello…  This is Alexa…  (Suddenly, her mood changed when she heard his voice…)

Some reporters who were present asked Jackie who it was that has been calling her regularly…  She non-chalantly answered it was David…  “They re friends,” she informed them…

David :  I’m sorry if I used Jackie but I have to talk to you…  Crissy told me you did not want to talk to me…  I just want to explain…  (Alexa cut him off not wanting to hear his justifications…)

Alexa :  Answer my question…  Did you sleep with her?

David :  Alexa, I love you…  I don’t love her…  Please don’t do this…

Alexa :  Well, did you?  (David did not answer…)  I thought so…  At least you did not lie and think I’d be stupid to believe it…

David :  I’m sorry, Ally…  (His voice cracked and Alexa thought she heard him sniff…)

Alexa :  So am I…  (Her heart still ached for David but she held on…)  You could have lied, you know…  And I would have believed you…  That’s how much I love you, shithead…  Don’t use this phone again…  Don’t call again…  (After returning the phone to Jackie, she did not feel good and excused herself…)  Tita Jack…  I am still feeling weak probably the effect of the medicine that I took…  I want to go home and rest some more…  May I?  I will be at home if you want me…