Chapter 3

Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own…   - Jackson Browne -

As soon as David stepped inside his room, his home phone rang…  It was his manager…

James :  I have here in my hand a copy of the afternoon paper and it has a picture of you and Ms. Liu…  Let me just remind you that we have worked so hard for you to be where you are…  Having so many women in your life will not do you any good in the future…  It’s not only for your image as a celebrity… What if you find the right one to love?  What do you think will that do to you?

David :  James, I’m tired…  Don’t worry about it…  Wherever I go there will be rumors and I will not be able to escape that…  Let me rest, okay?

James :  (He was still about to say something but David cut off the line and he just look at the telephone in his hand…)  I would like to see how you look when you would be faced with love complications…

David, on the other hand, slumped his body back on the sofa as he listened for his messages on the answering machine…  There were several messages which, he deemed not important…  He stood up to get himself something to drink when he heard a familiar voice and he suddenly stopped and turned around to listen…

Voice :  Hi! This is Hui Jen Xi…  Do you still remember me?  Call me as soon as you get this message…

He remembered her alright…  It was just a week ago before he left for Hong Kong for the shooting of the music video of the carrier song of his latest album…  They were in a music store for the autograph-signing of newly released album when a beautiful lady in red tight-fitting shirt and jeans approached…  He nearly swallowed his tongue as inch by inch he surveyed the well defined chiseled figure before his eyes…

David :  Hurmm…  (He cleared his throat…)  And to whom shall I address this to?

Lady in Red :  My name is Hui Jen Xi, Mr. Hao…  I am one of your greatest fan…  (she smiled teasingly delighted at his reaction to her emergence…)

David :  Is that right?  (He extended his hand…)  Thank you for your support…  (He gave her that look which made the ladies swoon for him and as he expected she fell for it…)

Hui Jen Xi :  Mr. Hao…

David :  Please call me David…  (Still holding her hand tighter this time…)

Hui Jen Xi :  David, may I kiss you?

She did not wait for David’s reply and bent revealing the cleavage that stirred his passion…  She gave him a suggestive, quick peck on his cheek near his jaw just between his ear and neck sending shivers up his spine…  David looked at Val and gave him a nod and Val knew what to do…  This is actually a sign for Val that he is interested to know the girl and that he should get the necessary information and a chance to pursue further liaison…  As soon as the lady got what she wanted, she left to join another lady friend who was waiting for her…  She, too, just had her cd signed…  Val followed her up a few paces and called out…

Val :  Ah… Miss?  (He quickened his pace to catch up her and held her by the elbow…  When she turned…) I am David’s personal assistant and friend…  My name is Val…  David will be at the The Gourmet Teppanyaki Restaurant at Ta-an Road at eight tonight, if you are free, do you like to join us for dinner?

Hui Jen Xi :  Oh really?  But I’m with a friend right now…

Val :  That would be even better…