But, It Was Just the Beginning of an End

(Y/n)'s POV

"Wake up! Wake up!" Chloe yelled, as I crawled further into the blankets.

"Five more minutes, school starts in like.... an hour."

"It's not school, dummy! It's your wedding day!" She said, hitting me with a pillow. I jumped up from out of bed, out of pure excitement and nervousness.

"We should get you ready now! This starts in four hours!" She yelled, grabbing my hand and shoving me down the stairs.

"How long does this take to get ready? Am I really getting my makeup and shit done in more than five minutes?" I said, as she shoved a piece of bread into the toaster, and got out butter.

"Yep. And you're going to need to eat less to get into that wedding gown.~" She said, poking at my stomach.

"Shut up!"

It's been about four years now, I'm 22 and about to get married, so I'm panicking. Not to mention that, but I haven't seen Alphonse in about a year, but we talked on the phone last night, since he was coming over to my town for the wedding, but at a different place.

We're getting married in my back yard, well, our backyard. I spent a summer with a group of people helping renovate the house so we could live in it again. In the other months, I'm usually at central with Roy and the others. We always joke how everyone went off to do better things and we've been stuck here for years on end.

When I got into a fight a few years back, Alphonse called me a few weeks later, since that, he's called me once a week at the same time, but I'm never at one place so he calls a bunch of people first.

Things have been rough at times, we got into a fight because I broke my arm a while back, and he thought it was to dangerous so we stopped talking for a few days. I was a mess, but, he came home a day later and we just spent the whole day apologizing.

Other than that, everyone is coming for today, I mean everyone! My friends at the military, Izumi, Mrs. Maes and Elicia, we even got Ling from Shing! It's basically a reunion.

"Eat up!" She said, handing me the piece of toast. "You'll probably eat more later." She said, getting things ready for today. I hear a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I said, eating on my toast.

"It's Winry!" She said, barging through the door. She had an artillery of supplies, makeup, tools, and more.

"Now, lets get you glowing!"

Hours of yelling later, arguing about makeup, trying to walk in heals (even though they're a few inches) I finally was ready in my dress, and was going over to the house.

When I got there, I see the memories of my childhood, the running up the stairs, waiting for my mom to finish dinner, and going down the stairs in a laundry basket. I walk up the stairs, sitting in my room as I talk to Winry and Chloe.

"It starts in about... 30 minutes. You have time to kill." She said, leaning back in her (f/c) colored dress.

"I'm to nervous.." I said, fiddling my thumbs and looking at my white dress.

"Nonsense, I mean, look at you! You're stunning!" She said, fixing a part of my hair. "Besides, it's a beautiful dress."

Heart In The Armor (Alphonse X Reader) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara