The Guilt They Feel

Time Skip

~(Y/N)'s POV~

"If you're just hear to blab on about me being more responsible for these too, then go back to being Mr. Miniskirt Hawkeye loving Mustang." I try to do my best Mustang impression. I stood onto the table."I'm going to be fürher some day! And I certainly do LOVE miniskirts and making fun of Fullmetal's 'short-comings.'" I laugh and look back up at the angry colonel, as I jump off the table.

"I couldn't have stopped them from going, we both know that. And I saw Alphonse getting attacked, so my first instinct was to help him." I said, looking if he's satisfied with my answer.

"Ok, fine. But let's get this clear, I do NOT love Hawkeye." Mustang said, trying to convince me.

"Please, that's as obvious as my arm being automail." He gives me an angryish look, then sighs and walks out of the hospital room. I smirk, knowing he can't really be angry.

I look over at Ed and Al. I didn't get injured as much, so I'm just waiting for Ed to go and call Winry to scream at him (so she can let her anger out before screaming at me), then to get out of here.

"Fullmetal Alchemist sir!" I look up from my book. Brotch and Ross just came into the room and are next to Ed's bed.

"Yeah? What's up?"

"We do apologize in advance for this!" They say, in perfect unison. Without warning, Ross puts up her hand, and slaps Edward right across the face, causing him to be confused and hurt.

"You're lucky you escaped with your life!" Ross said, scolding him.

"I should be the one to apologize." He said, apologetically. Damn. Ross and Brotch sigh in relief. I stay on my own bed, laughing my ass off.

Soon after, he and I go over to the phone to talk to Winry, she scolds us for a bit, then tells us we're going to pay extra. We both agree and he hangs up.

"Aww was that Ed's girlfriend?" Brosh said, as Ed's face goes red.

"Yep! They're so cute tog-" I feel Ed hit me in the head with his real arm.

"What the hell?! You totally like her, it's obvious." I say, teasing him by poking at his arm.

"And you totally like Al." He joked. How does he know?

"S-Say that again and I'LL be the one to break your arm off." I say, feeling my face go red.

     We start walking back to the room. Brosh and I laughing and Ed having a faint blush on his face. We walk pass a dark hallway and see Alphonse. Come to think of it, I haven't seen him since we where fighting I thought.

"Hey Al! What are you doing? Sitting all in the dark by yourself?" I look at him, he looks... down, but it looks like he wants to be alone for now. I fight the urge to help him and keep walking to the room and talk.

Timeskip

     Maes walks into the room, bubbly as ever  "Ed my boy! I heard you brought a lady in here to assist you!"  Winry had just arrived, after some hours of being on a train, before that, screaming at Ed and I for him, breaking his automail, and me, getting a knife in it.

Ed falls back on the bed. "No you idiot she's my automail mechanic!" I feel myself laughing, and feel a few tears in my eyes.

"Oh, so you're trying to seduce your automail mech-"