The Miracle of Childbirth

(Y/N)'s POV

When Winry was begging the guy to make her his apprentice, I started to look around the house, seeing automail and wrenches and see a woman sitting on a chair, with her hands on her stomach, and pregnant. I decide to walk over to her, the last time I've seen someone pregnant was when mom was pregnant with Lilly, and that was a long time ago.

I hear a voice in the hallway of Al and someone being dragged on the floor.

"Flea.... he called me a flea..." Ed murmured, which made me laugh a bit to myself.

"Excuse me, but are you having a baby?" I say, looking down at her stomach. I hear Ed and Al come into the room, also looking at the woman.

"Yes I am." She said sweetly to me.

"Can I.. touch your stomach?..."

"Go right ahead." She said, smiling. I put my hand on her stomach and felt something moving, which caused me to jump a little.

She extends her hand out to Ed and Al, they take it.

"Wow..." We all say, Ed and Al pull away from her stomach, so I do too, but still being a bit surprised about the baby.

"It's like there's a miracle in your stomach." Ed said, his voice traced with awe.

"Yeah, we where once in Mom's stomach like that, brother."

Time skip

"We're just going to have to do it!"  Winry said, being the calmest person in the room, I still was trying to understand the fact that we might have to deliver a baby. The last time this happened, someone died in the process. I feel rushes of flashbacks come back from that day.

"Mommy! Your stomach is bigger!" I said, running into the house with my father next to me. I felt her stomach, she was seven months pregnant at the time. I felt a small kick.

"Woah! Papa! Feel her stomach!" I said, jumping up and down.

My dad leaned down, feeling a small kick as he smiled down at me. "Soon, you're going to be a big sister!" My dad said, picking me up and spinning me around before putting me down. My mom went into the kitchen to make dinner soon after.

"Hey papa?"

"Yes pumpkin?" Pumpkin was his nickname for me, since I was so small compared to Nicole.

"Why do you have to always leave mommy?"

I look up to him, with a sad expression on my face as he pulled me into a hug. "I have to leave for work, Pumpkin, I'm sorry that I sometimes can't come back for these things. I'll promise to stay here as long as possible, ok?"

"Ok daddy! Let's go play!" I lead him outside, my hand wrapped around two of his fingers.

     "(Y/N)? You there?" Winry flicked my forehead and I snapped back into reality. I rushed over and remembered to grab the ice chips, then ran back into the room. "(Y/N)! Paninya! I'm going to need your help in here!" We rushed back into the room, and helped deliver the baby.

     After hours of crying, sweat, screaming, and running, the baby was finally delivered. I fell onto the floor, laying down covered in blood. When Ed and Al came in, they cheered that the baby and everyone was physically ok. Winry, Paninya and I where probably scared for life about childbirth.

After a while, everyone was asleep so I decided to go check on the baby. I couldn't see it since everyone crowded around it after it was born, which makes sense. I look at the baby, which is sleeping peacefully, and sit down next to it's crib. Looking at it and processing the whole day. I feel a hand on my shoulder, "Why aren't you asleep?" He said quietly, I assumed it was Alphonse and moved over to he could sit down next to me.