Fight with Words

Chloe and I walk together to our first period of our B days: Literature. It's probably my most hated and boring class, but it gives me time to plan. While she was discussing grammar, I was planning how to confront Anastasia.

Maybe I could be like all badass and be like: "I know you started those rumors, so confess before I make you." No, that will get me expelled. Plus, where's my backup? I check my phone in my pocket. My key witness. I thought, scrolling through Finstagram at what she said, on her main account. I feel a little stab at my pride as I look at these, why would she write this?

I raise my hand to be excused, which she lets me go, and I walk out to go to the "bathroom". I scroll through my phone, feeling myself boil with anger the further I scroll, but a pit in my stomach as well.

My throat starts to swell, so I go to the water fountain and some water. My eyes start watering, so I rub them which causes me to start crying. I put on my hoodie, and pull on the strings so it looks like I'm not crying.

"(Y-Y/n)?" They said, walking over to me. I recognized his voice, it's Alphonse.

"W-Why are you here?" I said, looking away from him.

"I came in late and found you. Let's go talk somewhere else." He grabbed my hand and lead me to a supply closet. His voice hinted with concern.

"What happened?" He said, still holding his hand in mine.

"I-it's just.... I don't know... I guess I just cracked under pressure." I felt myself shaking from crying. He held my shoulders gently. He pulls me into a hug, as I nuzzle my head into his chest.

"I guess it's all the rumors...." I said, putting my arms around his neck, feeling more tears well up as my hoodie falls off.

"We're going to tell them off at lunch, I'll tell Ed and Winry what's going on and we will bring an end to this." He said, his voice sounding serious, yet caring. I nodded as he brought me closer into his hug. He must've heard about this some other time, or knows that the teachers wouldn't do shit to the popular pricks.

My eyes stop watering, I look up at Alphonse, his cheeks are tinted a light pink and his eyes are filled with concern and understanding. I feel myself getting lost in his eyes, as he puts a hand on my cheek to wipe away a remaining tear. He smiles at me warmly.

We're interrupted by both of our phones going off. I barely notice anything going on, and he doesn't either. But a soft knocking on the door knocks us both out.

"Hey Al? I know you're in there. The teacher said you weren't in class, what's up?" Ed said from behind the door. Al opens the door slightly, going out for a second and whispering something to Ed.

"I'll tell Winry. Lunch is about to start, so stay here until other people start coming out." He said, a bit angry about what he was just told.

Al closes the door again, and I sit down as he sits down next to me. I looked down, at the cold, concrete supply closet. I feel something warm on my hand, that was balled into a fist. I look to see Alphonse's hand, he opens up my fist and holds my hand gently. I look up to his face, which has a blush on it. I rest my head on his shoulder, and close my eyes, letting my blush naturally rest on my face before the drama occurs.

Time Skip

I'm awoken my Alphonse shaking my shoulder, and when I woke up I'm greeted by a pair of goldenish eyes staring into mine, which made me blush.

"Are you ready?" He said, with concern in his voice as he holds my hand tighter.

I pause for a minute, before responding. "Let's do this." I said, standing up and opening the door to the bright hallway with teenagers running around it. We walked hand in hand as we walked to the cafeteria. When we get there, Chloe was waiting by the door with Lilly. I turned around to see Ed and Winry walking towards us.

"Are you ready?" Chloe said, looking pretty badass. I nodded at her as we approached Anastasia and her squad. It felt pretty cool, but we probably just looked stupid. In my head, I imagined explosions going off in the background and everyone is wearing badass sunglasses.

I was the first person to step up when I got to the table, she stood up in front of me. "I saw what you said on Finatagram." I said, my glare on her.

"What about it? Are you going to report me? The school will never listen to some slutty nobody." She said, trying to threaten me.

I cleared my throat before speaking. "Public Order Act of 1986, words, behaviour, writing or any visual representations likely to cause harassment. Malicious Communications of 1988, threats and information which is false and known or believed to be false by the sender of the communication, can lead to 6 months to prison to a fine of £5000. These are just some of the actions that you said that can lead to you going to jail from, let's say a minimum of two years. I don't think your amazing school can get you out of that, can it?"

"H-How the hell do you know that?" Her voice was panicked.

"My dad is a part of the government, I basically read law books for fun." I smirked a bit at my argument. One of her friends stepped forward and went in for a punch. I grabbed a lunch tray and transmuted it into a shield. People watching where amazed.

"You might think that you're so important in this school, but you're not. There's only a proportion of people who succeed after high school and you're not going to be one of them. The last time I checked, popularity doesn't give you any scholarships."

"You still didn't prove that what I posted wasn't true!" Chloe stepped into the conversation.

"We where at the mall on Saturday 1-9, and then we played Mario Kart on Sunday 5-8. Everything I posted conflicts what you're saying." She held up her phone, reading out loud her Finatagram account for everyone.

"And plus, she was at home for the rest of the time Chloe didn't mention." Lilly added. Anastasia snapped at her.

"What do you know?! You're just a stupid freshman who's older sister is a slut and is a useless coward!" She went to punch Lilly, but I grabbed her wrist tightly.

"Attack me all you want, but don't ever go after my little sister. She is not apart of this. If you are punching someone, then you are punching me. Are we clear?" My voice was filled with anger and rage for what she said to Lilly, and honestly, I'm afraid. What if the teachers step in? Who will get in trouble?

I look around the cafeteria, their faces are filled with hope and worry. Someone in the crowd is cheering for us. I smile at them. More and more people start going.

Then Anastasia screams. I feel someone grab my ponytail and yank it forwards, probably one of her minions. I grab their hand and kick them in the stomach. Anastasia shoves me backwards, I get pushed a few steps back and into someone's arms. Ed and Winry step in front of me to talk to her, I turn around to elbow whoever is behind me and see it's Alphonse. He holds me closer to him, protectively.

Then, as suspense built up,

The bell rang.

We all walked to one car to meet up at a cafe down the street. It was a CRV, so someone would have to sit somewhere else.

I was the last person to go into the car, with Chloe and Ed in the front, then Winry, Lilly then Al in the back. I look around the car for a spot, knowing that no one brought a second car and the cafe is an hour walk. I swallow my pride and sit between Alphonse's legs. I feel myself heat up, and him as well. Everyone else in the car started talking, mostly Ed and Chloe joking around, and Winry and Lilly learning more about each other and things about school.

I felt him wrap his arms around my waist and pull me a bit closer shyly, his face being a bright red. I smile, knowing he's trying to break the awkwardness and I lean on his chest, looking up at him. I feel my eyelids get heavy, as I try to stay awake. I nuzzle into him, letting sleepiness consume me in his arms.

I'm sorry for the lack of updates! I'm trying to work supper hard cause the next chapter is going to be LONG. Like, 2000 words is pretty long for me now. I hope you're enjoying these little filler chapters! I might make these into something more in a bit, cause this is fun to write. See you guys soon!