And I'm Lost Without You

If you don't want to read beyond this point, I understand. Click off this book and believe that (Y/n) and Alphonse had a happy life on a happy hill in a happy town, with three children and a dog. If you want to believe these characters didn't have terrible visions of this day, haunt their every moment, go ahead. If not, then I suggest you look away. But before reading, go and grab a snack, take a break, I'll wait for you to come back so I can finish this tale.

Ready? Let's go.

I stand next to Ed as he uses his alchemy to rise us up to the surface. Not long after, I see a flash of bodies, but... no, they're not real. They're just skin and bones, with white eyes that are similar to zombies. In an instant, a bright, blinding alchemical light flashes and they're all gone, as I blink away the brightness. I look around quickly, and see a cylinder whole- no a scoop out of the building, as if it was a popsicle and someone took a bite out of it. But, that was the last thing that I saw.

"(Y/n)! (Y/n)!" I felt someone shake me awake, as I opened my eyes and saw Ed, and slowly sat up to get extreme pain. I looked at him, then his arm, then to mine.

"You look pretty messed up. And that arm... it wouldn't last." I said, then, with all my force, pulled out my own. "It might be weird and light, but it's better than that. Winry can't fix that up for you now." I teased, feeling my back slowly give in to the pain. He pulled his own out, and put mine in and I smiled, for the first time in a while at my friend.

"An arm for an arm." I joked, sitting up and supporting myself with one arm. "You'll have more use for it, I'm sure. I'll just use yours." I pushed his in, and cranked it into place, wincing a bit, then doing the same for him.

"Why did you do this?" He asked, getting used to my arm.

"I'm on my last arm, literally. Might as well give it away to someone who'll do good with it. I'm just a ticking time bomb." I looked over at Ed, who now moved onto going to check on Izumi. I have less than an hour, when I'm fighting Father, I'll be done. I can't even stand. I might as well be around people I love.

I jumped a bit to the sound of a slap. I quickly looked over to see Hoenheim on the ground, and Father standing in front of Ed, towering over him. I slowly stand up and try to get to Hoenheim, before falling. What's happening? I feel like I'm getting strangled. I hold my neck, begging for air, trying all I can to not die, not from him. Until it stops. With the fire of a gun.

"Your target is the man with the long blonde hair. Make sure not to shoot Fullmetal instead!"

"Sir!"

Squads of Briggs soldiers come running in, with guns, and weapons as I gasp for air. I start running, before I'm picked up by a Briggs soldier, and helped to the side, I say thank you. I look along the crowd of uniforms and see a familiar pair of green eyes, that run over to me and hug me.

"Pumpkin. I was so worried." He said, hugging me tighter. I wince a bit.

"Where'd you go?" I said, sitting down.

"I was with the Briggs soldiers the whole time. You?"

"I stuck with Ed." I coughed a bit, and saw blood. "Shit." I murmured.

"What happened?" He said going down in front of me.

"My.... I'm going to die." I chuckle, the sounds of guns and rockets feeling like music and the smoke looking like art.

"No you wouldn't. Don't be negative. We'll get out alive." He said, giving me a pinkie promise that reminded me of when I was little. He got up, and slowly brought me up with him, as we both did our part performing alchemy, him with his elaborate attacks and me with my weak ones.