[34] Gravity

The stars streaked white above, the dark night rushing past as cool air flew between his fingers, the scent of pine cutting through the overwhelming sense of fear that overtook Jimin as he clutched the back of Yoongi's tunic, hooves pounded beneath them, and Yoongi's voice urged the horse faster, further into the darkness, the slight glow of the Anti-palace disappearing as they also vanished, praying to any deity to make it for the one more day it would take to reach Kim.

The ever-serious lord's heart would be beating much faster if not for the calming, warm breath on his neck, the soft cheek pressed tightly into his back, and the strong arms wrapped around his waist that completed his tortured soul, healing him since the day they met.

It was as if their souls breathed a sigh of relief when they touched, their world ceasing to spin as it consisted of only the other, satellites gravitating ever closer like no other heavenly bodies existed.

He didn't have to look into Jimin's eyes to know where they were looking, or hear his voice to know what he was thinking. He could feel it from the way his fingers nervously thumbed at the material around his waist, from the steady warm air that would stop momentarily when he was thinking just a little harder, from the way his arms tightened around his waist in intervals, his grip like the ebb and flow of the tide, steady, always coming back to hug him closer.

They were intimate without even trying mere actions enough to communicate between the two.

And when the view of the Park lands broke the horizon, Jimin could have sworn the horses increased their pace without being asked, the border so close that the bittersweet taste of safety creeped on the tip of his tongue, the bitterness left over from the last conversation with his mother, resurfacing at the sight of the manor he had called home for so long.

He bit down and pressed harder into Yoongi's back soaking up the sweetness that came from his new-found home, the love of his life sitting right before him, finally his to call his own.

His love.

His everything.

It had been true years before but now he could SAY IT.

Had it not been for the nagging at the back of his mind, the anti-soldiers inevitably behind, he would have stopped them right there, cresting the mountains, the entirety of Kim laying to the north, their kingdom laid before them, the picturesque nature deceptively calm.

He would have stopped, and screamed from the literal mountaintops that Lord Min Yoongi was his only, the whole world hearing echoes of his unending devotion.

But he only leaned forward, despite the wind blowing him backward, just to tell him once more the fact they knew quite well.

"I love you, Yoongs," he spoke for only Yoongi to hear, clutching his chest once more to pull his face into the strong back, squishing his cheek against the material as he let out a giggle, likely the result of love drunkenness and slight insanity from the events of the past few days.

Jimin felt Yoongi's lungs gathering air, startled when the air carried the loudest voice he had ever heard him use.