[23] Confrontation

Dear Jimin,

I regret to inform you that your father has taken ill. It is assumed to be fatal, as we have not discovered the cause to his ever-rising fever. Doctors estimate that he may perish within the next month. We request your presence at the palace within 2 weeks, including your attendance at the wedding of Prince Kim Taehyung to Jeon Jungkook. Allow His Highness King Lee Taemin to outline the process by which you will remain in Kim for that period of time, and handle the negotiation for your departure. He has received a notification of the issue at hand and should not be extremely difficult. We look forward to your presence and wish your father well. The doctors will continue fighting to find a cure for the mysterious illness.

Regards,

His Highness King Kim Namjoon

...........................

Jimin hadn't stopped sobbing for at least 10 minutes now, Yoongi's shoulder soaked and his hand running through the younger's hair, the pair swaying slightly on the floor, the cold marble burning into Yoongi's knees.

While Jimin had the appropriate reaction to the news of his father's health, Yoongi couldn't shake the feeling that something like this had been coming.

Taemin had been too quiet. For almost three whole months he hadn't even said anything directly to Jimin or Yoongi, much less done anything to hinder their coupling of Jeno and Jaemin.

Perhaps he had been working all along.

Jimin seemed to finally pick up on Yoongi's pensiveness when he lifted his head from the elder's chest, his small hand wiping the tears from his cheeks as he sat up and read through the crused letter once again, his breathing quite shallow as he held in the emotions that threatened to pour out for the second time.

Finally, Yoongi mumbled into their now intertwined hands, "Are you going to be okay?"

Jimin breathed deeply, his nostrils somewhat flaring as he did so, raising his head up as if it would prevent gravity from sucking any more sadness from his eyes.

"Fuck, Yoongs. I didn't even know my father was feeling ill. Now he's on his deathbed?"

Jimin cruelly laughed, making light of his own situation in an attempt to appear as if he had everything under his control.

"What am I supposed to do? At least this gives me an excuse to go to Taekook's wedding."

Yoongi weakly smiled, only one side of his lips raising as he looked at the younger, who finally regained his composure and stood up, neatly folding the wrinkled letter and placing it on his desk.