[2] Aftermath

"For god's sake Yoongi, don't completely blow the boy off just because he's two years younger," His mother griped at the boy who threatened to run away before turning back to speak to Lady Park, something about dresses or whatever.

The twelve-year-old rolled his eyes, roughly sitting down next to the young noble from the next estate, who just stared at him with a wide eye smile.

"I can be fun too! Whatever you want to do," he offered, placing his head between his hands, still smiling.

Geez, did he ever stop grinning??

Yoongi sighed before standing up again, starting to walk toward the stables and the soldier's quarters, before turning back to see Jimin frowning, a rare sight in the 30 minutes they had spent together so far.

"Are you coming or not?" he yelled, stopping to gesture toward the young boy who smiled again, running to catch up to the older.

"Yep!! Where are we going?" he chattered, surprising Yoongi by lacing their small hands together, making him jump and tug his palm away.

"Ew.... Don't touch me. And we're going to ride horses with Hoseok. You do know how, right?" he said condescendingly before realizing that Jimin had his eyes to the ground, gripping his own hands together, but nodding to the question.

He couldn't help but feel bad for his harsh words, as the young boy slugged after him, dragging his feet until he felt a thin hand grab his.

"We can hold hands, but only until we get to the stables. Hoseok would make fun of me," he quickly grumbled, shoving their hands together and running again.

Jimin's eye smile returned, his small hand clutching Yoongi's tightly.

Truthfully, the elder didn't mind.

..................

Jimin rushed back to his room, unable to hold in the grin that had threatened to explode on his face at any moment while he acted like having sex with Yoongi wasn't the best moment of his life.

He quickly slammed his door closed behind him, throwing himself onto his bed for a moment, pulling the sheets toward him as he muffled a scream, still ecstatic about their drunken encounter.

Sure, he could have insinuated that he did, in fact, care for Yoongi, but he was almost certain the serious Lord did not care for him in that way.

He normally would have been upset about that, but for now, he would take this small victory. They had time. He would convince Yoongi that they were meant to be. After all, they had known each other for years.

He pulled himself up, rushing to pull on decent morning clothes before strolling to the dining room, where a few nobles sat with the Kings, who were both on the verge of falling asleep.

Namjoon held Seokjin's left hand tightly with his right, as Jin's head laid on his shoulder, the two whispering about something that appeared important.

Jimin stretched his neck, searching for a small, dark head of hair before giving up and plopping down next to Hoseok, his next best option.

"Jimin-Ah, I have the worst headache," the general groaned, selecting food from the table as he rubbed his forehead.

"Same, I can't even find the medication for---" he was cut off by himself, his eyes catching sight of the man his heart stopped for, his face stuck in that same mope he had worn since they were children.