[26] Betrayal

In the darkness of the night, the man who wished to be in bed crept out, fully awake and alert, in contrast to his usual routine, a particular inconvenience this night because they were departing early in the morning for the Kim palace.

Min Yoongi was not a typical night crawler, but with Jimin in turmoil and that bastard Taeyong free, for once in his life, he couldn't sleep. He gently tugged his jacket around him, the cold air of the more northern Kim kingdom striking his still adjusting body as he stepped onto the balcony of his room.

Well, Jimin's room, anyway.

The younger had cried himself to sleep, mumbling something about his father and his mother and honestly, just complete gibberish.

The well-spoken lord had been reduced to nonsensical sounds flowing from his mouth because of situations that were out of his control.

That was what hurt Yoongi the most, knowing that someone so kind, generous, passionate, and loving could be taken advantage of as a result of his pure nature.

These thoughts pulled his hands tighter as he closed his eyes and tilted his head in the moonlight, pleading with any god that existed to save Jimin from the burden of his given life and sense of duty to his father and his kingdom.

Perhaps that was why it hurt so bad.

Not only was it out of Jimin's control, but it was out of his as well, the winds in the sky left to carry any hope he had of being in eternal bliss, or at least, as long as he lived.

All he wanted was to envelop the younger in his arms, pour out his feelings and truly show him what it was like to be loved and cherished in return, a sentiment Yoongi refused to bestow on anyone but Jimin.

But everyday his hope grew, watching Jeno and Jaemin become closer, the long, dragging 6 months coming to an end, Jimin slowly realizing that his freedom was trudging to the light as Jeno's selection ceremony came to an end.

However, when he read Hoseok's letter that had arrived at the Park estate, that hope was slashed once again, as he read that the number of soldiers preparing for war had doubled as soon as they had left.

The snake Taemin had flashed his forked tongue, sending his message of what could come from betrayal of his wishes and rebellion toward his commands.

Surely there was something larger at stake, surely he had something planned. Nothing was a mistake in Taemin's mind, and every action without acceleration of his plans was a waste of time and resources.

Yoongi stroked his delicate hand through his dark hair as he paced back inside to gaze upon Jimin's sleeping figure.

He looked so much smaller when he slept, his shoulders relaxed after being held high all day, his mouth resting after being constantly held in a smile, his eyelids so carefully brushing the beautiful eyes behind them as if they were hugging the most precious treasure in the world.