[4] Ally

Trumpet sounds echoed through the palace halls, filling the ears of a tired Lord, unable to sleep due to the arrival of someone he dreaded.

Jimin sat, perched atop his bed, his heart beating quickly at the sound heralding his departure from his beloved kingdom.

Taemin was here.

He stood, his feet working against the will of his heart, dragging him to meet the horrid ruler, the ruthless warrior, and cunning mastermind of the Anti-kingdom.

Somehow this man had managed to attack their kingdom and avoid any suspicion of ties to the attempted coup of the kingdom that nearly killed the entire Kim royal family.

Jimin took his place next to the two kings, who appeared in the same sleepless state that left matching dark circles under their eyes.

As his eyes scanned the room, Jimin spotted a pair he didn't dare hope to see, his lips turning up as he met eyes with Taehyung, whose soulmate clung to his arm as he held him.

Jungkook looked awful, his skin pale and his normal posture reduced to a sort of hunch, but at least he looked happy, the sparkle returning to his eyes as he leant heavily on Taehyung for support.

Jimin's heart ached watching the two together, tired but happy, pining for the day that he too would have someone to always care for him.

He tore his eyes from the scene to continue scanning until they landed on his parents, smiling to themselves as they awaited the arrival of the king that would hand over the diamond mines that had plagued their land for years, even before Jimin was born.

He couldn't help but be happy for how this would work out for them. As much as they had pressured him, forced him, and made him do things according to his 'duty', they had taught him a lot. Plus, maybe this whole getting out of Kim kingdom would do him some good.

Yet, he also couldn't shake this feeling of terror, the darkness creeping up behind him, whispering in his ear the danger that would ensue as a result of Taemin.

It was the same feeling he had when he thought he was going to die in that ballroom.

Finally, his eyes landed on the man he craved to be with, the one he knew he could never be with, Lord Min Yoongi. He looked the same as always, that slightly frowning expression that only left when he smiled or laughed, a rare sight from the serious Lord. It made Jimin chuckle, as the frown turned into more of a scowl as it became apparent that the king had just exited his carriage, his footsteps in time to the pulsing heartbeat echoing through Jimin's ears.

The trumpets stopped and the doors began to creak open, the sunlight beaming through the ever-growing opening, a tall, foreboding figure's silhouette the first thing visible through the ornate doors.

It was a figure that demanded attention and respect, one that could only belong to someone of equal stature, the King Taemin himself.

More people flooded in behind him, while a smaller figure stood beside him. The sunlight forced Jimin to shield his eyes, squinting to attempt to make out the shadows entering the room.

The doors closed suddenly with a bang, bringing the faces of the Anti King and his men to the light.

His eyes stared directly into Jimin's.

Is this what it is like to stare in the face of Lucifer himself?

Shivers pulsed down Jimin's spine, entranced by the deep eyes of Taemin, repulsed and drawn in by the cold gaze all at once.