[29] Bound

The morning sun began to crest over the horizon as Lords Min and Park began their long journey back to the Anti Kingdom, their spirits dipping as they grew farther away from their precious home, their closest friends reluctantly waving goodbye.

Namjoon's last words haunted Yoongi's mind, echoing as he stared blankly ahead, aware of Jimin's searching eyes that raked his face, attempting to determine what exactly Namjoon had said.

"Yoongs," Jimin finally called, frowning when the Lord only responded with his signature mumble, his mouth turned downward and his face blank.

"What did Namjoon say?"

Yoongi whipped his head to look at the most beautiful face on earth (in his opinion) stuttering, "h-how did you know that's what I was thinking about?"

Jimin rolled his eyes and chuckled lightly, grinning, "I know you too well pabo. He grabbed your arm just before we left and said something in your ear. You haven't smiled since, not even when Jun- Prince Jungkook did that little baby wave that makes you laugh," Jimin stumbled over the new Prince's title, something he was still getting used to.

"aiiishh you're too observant for your own good, Jiminnie. He said, 'Hoseok is likely in danger'. I'm not used to that thought, you know? Hobi's always the one saving my ass and I can't really imagine HIM of all people being in danger. He'll be fine, right?"

Yoongi's hands were clutched together, his brow furrowed in worry for his oldest friend's safety.

Jimin weakly smiled, his own nerves seizing at the thought of their friend in any sort of physical danger, "I certainly hope so."

The five day's ride went by quickly, the pair horribly faking their perfect ease, when in reality, their one wish was to find their dear friend alive and well after spending 17 days alone in enemy territory.

However, they arrived at the palace with little fanfare, that month's ceremony still underway while Jaemin, Baekhyun, Jackson, and the others were still competing to win while Jimin quietly returned, even making it back to his chambers without even having a conversation with an Anti other than the stable boys that had greeted them.

This, coupled with the fact that Hoseok was nowhere to be seen added to the building anxiety in Jimin's stomach, fearing that this silence was only the calm before the storm that was rising over the horizon.

Yoongi was still looking around their chamber, scratching his head, looking outside, and clearly puzzled as to why no one had even approached them, including the King himself who appeared to delight in Jimin's discomfort.

"fuck, Hoseok isn't anywhere, Jiminnie. He knew we were coming back today," Yoongi breathed, pacing around the room that they were confined in, Jimin nervously wringing his hands together.