[12] Electricity

(A/N): SURPRISE DOUBLE UPDATE!!!!!!

I got too excited lol

❤️

..................................

His hand extended outward as Jimin fought hard to contain his shock, half of the other men glaring at him as he stepped out, accepting the Prince's outstretched hand.

Everyone knew that in a time like this, the question was no longer a question, but a command that any would be forced to follow.

Just before their hands touched, Jimin felt a gaze boring into him, burning his insides and making the hair on his neck raise, as he looked upward to see the smirk of the sly King, perched atop his throne, his lips curled upward as he watched, making Jimin sick to his stomach.

There was no way in hell that any of this was Jeno's doing. He probably would have already been attached to Jaemin and waltzing around with him the entire night.

It was as if Taemin felt the need to assert his power, to remind Jimin that he was in the palms of those much more powerful than him, a mere pawn in something much greater than he.

He accepted, not for his own good, but for the protection of his country, his friends, and Yoongi. He would play the despicable game to stay alive, comply to the will of the snake king, dance for the pleasure of a power tripping man, for if he did not, war would surely follow.

As Jeno led him to the middle of the floor, Jimin resolved to take something for himself, throw something that Taemin would never expect from him.

He smiled into Jeno, and happily wrapped his arm around the shocked prince, who obviously did not expect enthusiasm.

"I am pleased at your choice, Prince Jeno," he smoothly spoke, plastering his most charming smile across his mouth, gliding across the floor as he stared at Taemin, whose smile had fallen just a little, enough to make the display worth everything it would cost his pride.

"Ummm, yeah, thanks," he smiled back, still appearing nervous, his gaze flitting to one corner of the room every so often , the one where two depressed Lords stood, one with his signature glare and the other lightly wiping a tear from the corner of his eye as he watched his "friend" waltz in the arms of another.

Jimin decided to take a gamble that night, as he leaned in and whispered into the Prince's ear just as their dance ended.