[6] Compensation

"I can't breathe Taekook," Jimin gasped, calling the pair by their joint name that the entire palace had adopted.

They were inseperable, Taehyung refusing to leave Jungkook's side except to sleep. Even then, many knew of the Prince's nightly trips to Jungkook's room, just to hold him for that much longer. If it was anyone else, Jimin would have said it was unhealthy. However, for what they had been through to get to this point, he believed they deserved, no, needed this time together.

The two had him wrapped in their tight embrace, practically squeezing the air from his lungs.

"Sorry Jiminnie," Taehyung blushed, the two rapidly letting go of the young lord who clasped one of each of their hands. "We're just going to miss you so much."

"I haven't even gotten to properly thank you for all of your help," Jungkook pleaded, his much weaker grasp strong enough to make Jimin's hand ache slightly.

He was healing quickly, no doubt due to Taehyung's 24/7 care of his wounds, both mental and physical.

"You can both thank me by writing me letters at least every other week, updating me on life here, okay? I don't want to miss anything," he smiled, finally letting go of the young pair and putting his hands in his pockets, standing back to look at them.

"I'm sure you'll be just fine without me."

"All the same, make sure you write us back. Who knows, you might even return with a noble as your husband, maybe even, a prince," Jungkook's adorable laugh rang, a welcome sound from his recently quiet mouth.

Jimin's cheeks tried to chameleon with the rose behind him, slapping Taehyung's arm.

"Ow, I didn't say that!!" Taehyung protested, letting go of his firm clench on Jungkook's left arm to rub his now irritated arm.

"Yes, but I can't slap an injured man, can I? You're his surrogate for now," Jimin chuckled, turning to say goodbye to the kings, Jungkook's singing giggle joined by a boxy smile from Taehyung, the two men in their own world once again.

The gravel of the courtyard crunched beneath Jimin's light feet as he made his way over to the two Kings, Yoongi, and Hoseok, who were exchanging similar sentiments.

"Hobi, I want updates from you as well, weekly if possible," Namjoon said sternly, as if giving an order.

"I want to know Taemin's every move, no matter how insignificant it might be. Everything he does is for a reason. I wish I could see the way his mind works, just for a moment...." Namjoon trailed off, looking toward the cloudy sky that mirrored the thoughts in his mind.

"Joon, you're losing focus again," Jin groaned, nudging Namjoon's side with his elbow lightly, the younger shaking his head and lowering his eyes to meet the confused general's.

"I'm sorry, I thought my job was to make sure Jimin is safe," Hoseok pondered, his eyebrow quirking up into a familiar position, the look Namjoon got every time he gave a questionable order.

"No, that's what it FORMALLY is, Hobi. Yoongi can handle Jimin by himself. Your real job is to keep tabs on the Anti royal family and their intentions. I don't trust that this selection ceremony is an ordinary one," Namjoon nearly trailed off yet again, Seokjin's elbow still sure of his awareness.