[27] Persuasion

"Fuck Jaemin-ah..... I didn't know it would go this far," Jeno mumbled, his nervous fingers intertwined with Jaemin's determined ones, holding tight to the prince whose body had turned stiff yet jittery at the shock of the major general.

"It's not that hard to find a bishop to marry us behind your father's back, is it??" Jaemin's brows furrowed, studying the face of his elder brother, whose jaw hung open in the darkness, his usual cut and dry mind mixed and confused at the question.

Jeno sighed, his other hand racing to rake through his dark hair, fully exposing the worry lines etched in his forehead, his own ring rising on its chain to twinkle in the faint light that mocked their small chance of success.

"Jaeminnie, have you met my father? He might already know that we're 'engaged'"

Jeno was suddenly silenced by Jaemin's soft lips, quickly calming his soulmate and his never ceasing fear of his intimidating father.

"oh god Jaemin, please, not right in front of me," Ten shielded his eyes from the still innocent kiss, earning a groan from the younger, who rolled his eyes at the general.

"Finally the brilliant man speaks. What's your answer?" Jaemin attempted to appear confident, his slightly quivering eyes a window into his soul that craved one three letter word.

"I mean, GOD Jaemin. Not only would I have to go behind my ONLY superior's back, but I would subvert plans in place for YEARS that I've been part of, probably die when Taemin finds out I'm involved, and we will have to go to plan E. This is already plan D, you know," Ten breathed, collapsing on his bed, his mind spinning.

"Plus, pabo, what bishop is going to go against your damn future father-in-law?"

Jaemin's wide smile surprised prince Jeno, his dark brows folding as he stared, then smiled at the Lord who had stolen his heart so long ago with that exact same look.

"Why the smile, Jae??" Jeno leaned his head on Jaemin's shoulder, shoving their arms together as his free hand played with the chain around Jaemin's neck.

"I know Ten's already agreed to help."

"The fuck Jaemin? How?"

"You already called him my father-in-law"

"Shit. I guess now I have to help. Damn kid, you really owe me for this one, you know that?" Ten grumbled, pulling the brunette into a rare, tight hug, one that felt like the days when they lived at their home estate, the pair briefly reminiscing on a simpler time.