[20] Compliant

The trees created an arching canopy over the riders, the sun peeking through in various spots, occasionally highlighting the sharp jaw or vigilant eye of Prince Jeno, whose hands tightly grasped the reigns of his steed.

God he hated hunting.

Why the fuck did they need to prove their "manliness" by killing something?

Unfortunately, it was part of royal tradition or whatever, so off the 14 men rode with their various companions, the majority of which had no desire nor the skills to actually hunt successfully.

As they reached the end of the natural archway, the men began to separate into the expansive woods, some in the hunt for the actual goal while others, such as Na Jaemin, went on the hunt for various flowers to draw pictures of.

"Be sure to meet back at the end of this archway as soon as the sun hits the mountains on the horizon," Jeno commanded in his most royal voice, watching a few men gallop away, determined to win for that week.

Two men, however, had a different goal in mind.

Within mere moments of the men departing, Jeno felt a tug on the reigns of his horse, evoking a near scream from his lips, until he glanced at the hand that clutched the rope.

"Jimin, what are you doing?!" He whispered through clenched teeth, his eyes flitting from side to side as he clearly worried about someone finding out about his 'relationship' with the foreign lord.

The elder just continued to pull him deeper into the forest, his somber bodyguard close behind, cautiously trotting and making sure no one could hear or follow them.

Finally, once they reached a secluded, covered area, Jimin turned and spoke.

"You have to tell Jaemin how you feel, Jeno. I don't know how much longer I can motivate him to do well in the competitions if he thinks there is no hope. He doesn't even know for sure if you feel the same way!"

To Jimin's surprise, the prince simply nodded, hanging his head slightly to hide the pink of his cheeks.

"I have been wanting to do that for weeks, actually. I just haven't found the time or the courage to do it, honestly," Jeno mumbled, somewhat ashamed of his inaction.

"Then what the fuck are you waiting for, man??? There is a good-looking man drawing flowers in a forest all by himself, and you don't snatch that opportunity to secure the love of your life?! Go, idiot," Jimin laughed, hugging the boy before slapping his horse, jolting it forward to find Jaemin.

"Thank you!" Jeno called, eagerly searching for the horse that accompanied his one true love.

"Okay, what?" Jimin turned his horse around, his eyes greeted by one of Yoongi's rare smiles, the sun reflecting off of his dark locks as he looked somewhat dazed.