[24] Duty

"Hoseok I want updates every day, clear?" Yoongi grumbled, his eyes squinting in the early morning sunlight, the beams from the eastern sky practically blinding.

Hoseok rolled his eyes, helping his best friend onto his horse, the Lord's tired body groaning as he exhausted his morning energy.

"Of course, you twat, did you think I would leave you out of the loop so easily? You're gonna have to share with Namjoon though, because I'm not writing the same letter twice. Make sure our Jiminnie doesn't cry too hard at the wedding, okay?"

Yoongi chuckled lightly, his small eyes flitting to glance at the man of the hour, the blonde man casually chatting with Lord Na Jaemin before their departure, wrapping the younger in a hug that made Yoongi's heart twinge in jealousy.

"We both know there's no way he won't cry a river."

"Also, Hobi??"

Hoseok whirled at the sound of his nickname, the elder using it in such a way that he expected a scolding.

"Yeah Yoongi?"

"Don't fuck shit up with whatever Anti guy you have wrapped around your finger. I don't want to deal with that too."

Hoseok's face turned the color of his hair as his hand made sharp contact with the elder's leg.

"Yah! Who said I had an anti guy!"

Yoongi smirked as he trotted toward Jimin's eventual mount, the young lord dragging himself toward the steed while still making conversation with everyone around him.

"That purple mark on your collarbone says everything. Take my advice and button that top button, general."

If only you knew who he was.

Hoseok blushed, his lithe fingers quickly closing the gap at the top of his tunic.

He shook his head, his feet carrying him to the stables where the castle bound half of Jimin's men waited for Hoseok's command, his direction on how to proceed for the 17 days their formal primary commander would be absent.

It was all an act really. Hoseok had been their director the entire time, the men skillfully gathering information on the royal family, like Prince Haechan's frequent letters to the Park lands in Kim or Prince Jeno's ventures from his room at night.