Order

Prompt: Dinner.

---------------------------------------

You know he's done something as soon as you walk into the room.

Bucky was in charge of dinner tonight, and he actually can cook so there's good food, but tonight something if off. You scan the plates, cups, the forks and the knives, the walls, the chairs, the ceiling, and you're about to ask Bucky about the weird atmosphere when he emerges from the kitchen with a tray of food.

"Bucky, what is that?" you ask. You expected dinner, not.... "We haven't even had dinner yet."

Bucky looks at you looking sheepish and proud at the same time, a smile tugging his lips.

"I know and that's dinner," he explains. You lift your eyebrows and he continues, "Life is too short and we should make the most of it."

"By eating banana-splits and milk-shakes for dinner?" you gesture at the food he set on the table.

To his credit, Bucky looks a bit pensive before settling on shrugging.

"Yep."

You slowly sit on the table, sighing.

"You know," you begin, "Sometimes I wonder why I married you."

"Oh. Oh." Each sound he produces is even more disappointed than the last.

"But then you do something like this and I remember why," you say before taking a large sip of the milk-shake. Hum, your favorite.

Bucky barks out a laugh and kisses you hard on the mouth before sitting next to you.