One Hell of A Birthday

Prompt (Anon request): may i request a oneshot where bucky and the rest can't spend your birthday w/ you bc of an event he has to attend and you feel kinda sad and end up hanging out w/ an ex and accidentally showing that in a facetime w/ the fam making them tease overprotective boyfriend bucky c: 

-----------------

"I'm sorry, doll," he finished, his voice wavering a little.

"Bucky, it's okay, I get it," you said.

You really understood the situation, even if you didn't like it.

Your birthday was in two days and Bucky, your boyfriend, wouldn't be able to spend it with you. He, along with the team, got a track of an enemy base and had to take it down. Finding the location would take longer than anyone anticipated.

You really understood the situation, but you weren't happy about it. In fact, pretty sad.

"I really wish I could do something about this."

"I know. Me too."

You finished the call making him promise to be careful and kick some ass.

***

You've had a pretty bad day. And it was your birthday.

As a matter of fact, 'pretty bad' seems like an understatement. For starters, Bucky and the rest couldn't be there. You had to work; okay, only the morning shift, but it was still morning. Your alarm malfunctioned and you were late, which wasn't good for your relation with your boss. Then, work never seemed to end. As you were leaving - starving because you had absolutely no time to take a break for a snack and you didn't bring anything with you because you were late – rain started pouring. You managed to get home after two hours in traffic and subways, dripping wet and sporting a headache. You were supposed to go out to eat tonight, so any food you were hoping to have for lunch simply didn't exist in your apartment. Which made you change clothes and go to the grocery store.

Your family was supposed to arrive at 5 p.m. that day, so you were picking some things to actually cook at your house. Taking the day you had so far, you were not making yourself available to another thing going wrong (like maybe your reservations).

Your phone ringing brought you back to reality.

"Hello?"

"[Y/n], hi!" your mother exclaimed on the phone. "Happy birthday!"

"Thanks, mom," you smiled, relieved to hear her voice. You glanced at the clock hanging on the wall near the fruits, "Wait. Weren't you supposed to be on the plane an hour ago?"

"[Y/n], the flight was canceled. Something about the weather here, no places are taking off," she sighed. "I'm sorry, honey, but we won't be able to go spend your birthday with you."

"It's okay, mom. I really wanted to see everyone, but I understand." What else could you say?

You finished the call and sighed. What an amazing birthday; no family, no friends, no boyfriend, no plans. You shouldn't have left your bed this morning.

"[Y/n]?"

You turned toward the source of the voice and came face to face with someone you didn't expect.

There you saw him: Harry. Your ex-boyfriend.

"Harry, hi!"

He surprisingly embraced you in a hug. He was smiling he pulled back.