Sing It 'Til He Hears It

Request: Hey! I've been obsessing over your recent Seb x reader fic and I was wondering if I could ask for Seb request? Like where the reader is a really famous singer and he's a fan of hers and she reveals that she's bucky/seb obsessed on a talk show or smth and Chris teases him about it and they meet and lots of fluff??? I love your writing and would deeply appreciate this!!!

A/N: dear @shawnsassymendes-main​ IT'S DONE. Yep, it took some time and I'm so, so sorry about that. BUT... it's here! Hope you enjoy it :3

_______________________________

"Nice," your manager said, smiling brightly. "I love the lyrics."

You had just finished the recording your new single on the studio.

"Thanks," you hugged her, "I did my best."

You were a worldwide famous singer and your songs were always you pouring your heart out. The new song wasn't an exception, though it had a new touch.

"A love song... I usually don't like those, but I just can't get it out of my head," your manager confessed, gathering her belongings to leave the studio. You were already waiting by the door.

"There's a first time for everything, you chuckled and she joined you.

You left the studio, waving goodbye to whoever was left at almost eight pm.

"Don't forget the talk-show tonight. The car will come for you at 10pm."

"I'll be ready!" You smiled and waved. She waved back and got into her car.

***

"Stan, hurry up already! It's about to start!"

"If you offered to help, Mackie, we'd already be there!" Chris answered.

Chris and Sebastian came from the kitchen door with gigantic bowls of popcorn and beers.

"I like the commercials, okay? You and Seb don't, so you get the food," he smirked, laying back on the couch and propping his feet on the coffee table.

"Shh, it's starting!" Sebastian hissed, eyes focused on the TV.

The room fell silent from then on, only the noise of the TV displaying the program and the occasional sneakers from Anthony and Chris when they saw Sebastian's mouth open, completely immersed on the program.

Said program was a Late Night Talk Show and the guest of the week was none other than [Y/n] [Y/L/n], the famous singer who was taking over the world.

"Since we're talking about what you like, let's get a little personal," the presenter smiled. You looked a bit concerned but soon covered it with a quick laugh.

"Personal how?"

"I'm gonna ask a few question and you have to answer them honestly, without explanation. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Cool. So, 3, 2, 1..."

And then que presenter followed the interview by asking if you were a cat or a dog person, your favorite book, if you ever thought as a child that you would end up being a singer, which topic interview you would dominate, if you adopted a puppy what would you name them and so on.

And then the interviewer asked who your favorite Marvel character was.

"The Winter Soldier," you answered without hesitation. Anthony and Chris made ooh noises as they looked at Sebastian. Then you chuckled, "Isn't he everyone's?"

"And what do you think of the actor? Sebas-"

"Sebastian Stan?" you interrupted, smiling. You were trying to control a fangirl attack because you were on live TV, but it was hard. "I deeply admire the hard work he puts in all of his characters," you said seriously before smiling flirtly, "He's also very hot."

Chris and Anthony didn't stop teasing Sebastian for the rest of the night, even hours after the show was over.

***

A couple of weeks went by and all Sebastian could think about was you and what you had said at that interview.

So of course no one tells him that it's a group interview when he gets on the studio to record the talk show.

"And now here on the show, a singer and two actors. Please welcome [Y/n] [Y/l/n], Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackie!" the interviewer exclaims.

Anthony has to literally drag Sebastian from their portal while you come from the one on the other side of the stage. You smile and wave and is mostly being guided by his friend, who's laughing his ass off.

"Hello, thank you for having us here," Anthony greets the interviewer and you and presents Sebastian to the audience, who can't stop looking at you. When the whole establishment erupts into laughter at his stunned face watching you, now greeting the interviewer, he shakes his head and makes his own greetings as his cheeks turn crimson.

Sebastian snaps out of his daydream when he realizes everyone is sitting and looking expectantly at him. Anthony and the presenter sitting on the armchairs and the place designated to him is right beside you on the brightly colored couch.

He sits gingerly, giving you a small smile. You return it and duck your head. Anthony smirks devilishly.

The interviewer asks basic question about recent projects and a bit about social media that's been tied to you, Sebastian and Anthony. But then that soon ends and he grins when Anthony winks at him.

"So, I hear there's some tension here tonight between two out of three of you. And I know it's not Anthony because he was the little bird that told me," he leans on his elbows on the dark wooden table. "Care to talk about it?"

Your eyes go huge and Sebastian's closing and opening mouth reminds you of a fish.

"I-we... Uh."

"No-yes. I mean-"

He leans toward Anthony and stage-whispers, "You weren't kidding about it."

Anthony barks out a laugh, composes himself, leans in as well and says in a low-pitched voice, "I was not."

The crowd cheers while you and Sebastian try to follow the situation you've been thrown at.

"We don't know each other," you admit.

Anthony scoffs, "Wrong. As of the last 10 minutes, you've been in the same room and talking to each other."

"Before tonight," Sebastian supports, "We had never spoken before tonight."

"Well, as our time is running out, let's make this quick okay?" the interviewer prompts after a quick message from his ear-point. "[Y/n], do you find Sebastian handsome?"

"Yes."

You already said in another interview, why lie about it now? Plus, Sebastian in a black suit right beside you is not handsome; he is stunning.

"Sebastian, do you think [Y/n] is attractive? Don't answer, I know you do. Anthony is nice enough to tell me these things previous our the show. So I am giving you lovebirds a night out," he turns to the crowd, "A date if you want me to be more specific," he waits until the clapping subsides a bit and turns back to you and Sebastian, "In one of my favorite restaurants. Use it next week, okay? Thank you guys for being here tonight, thank you all for watching and tune in next week that we'll have Chris Evans telling us all about the date! Goodnight!"

Well, that was quick.

But as you sit at the restaurant, ease conversation flowing between you and Sebastian, sitting in a candlelit dinner, you can't really complain.