Paint

Prompt: 54. "The paint's supposed to go where?"

--------------------------

You decided the dull yellowish color of the walls had been there for too long, so you wanted a change. Bucky agreed.

Bucky cleared the living room from all its furniture and covered the floor with newspaper, he placed a stereo in the room already attached to an agitated mix of 40's songs the both of you loved.

Then the two of you went out to pick a new color for the walls. The funny thing was that you both pointed to the same tone at the same time. There was no doubt from then on.

Barefoot, with old clothes on, Bucky shirtless, and an amazing soundtrack, the walls were slowly taking in the new face.

Bucky had his back facing you, painting the part on top of the windows. You, crouched down to paint a lower part of the wall, flickered the brush to splash paint all over his back and hair.

Bucky slowly turned over to face you, his mouth agape but with a ghost of a smile.

"Now you're getting it, doll," he growled, a smile on his lips as he took steps toward you.

You squealed and laughed as you threw more paint at his approaching figure, a laugh of his own erupting from his lips. You took several steps back, but his muscular arm circled around your waist and he painted your face and hair with his brush, firm but still careful.

"No, Bucky, the paint's supposed to go on the walls!" you managed to say.

He laughed in the shell of your ear. "Now, doll, the paint's supposed to go where?"

"The walls!"

"But what's the fun if we don't get as much paint as the walls?"

In the end, the walls were forgotten, with no paint left for them since it was all in you and Bucky.

"Shower?"

"Only if you'll join me."