Day 5: Pictures

The idea came from nowhere. One moment the entire team was sprawled on the various couches and armchairs around the living room, wrapped in each other – due to simple lack of personal space – and in blankets, hot cocoas distributed around and a movie on the huge screen.

The next thing you know everyone is getting into warm coats and boots and scarves and gloves and earmuffs and heading to the garage.

To go to the mall.

To see a mall Santa Claus.

The line is enormous, but Tony talks to someone and suddenly they're first in line.

Buckyy warily watches as Clint sits on Santa's – a very, very confused Santa – lap, throws an arm over his shoulders, holds two fingers up and grins like a child. Nat takes several pictures with an old fashion camera. See, not an old camera – Tony would never have the Team's Santa's pictures be taken in such a low-definition way – but a new, expensive camera that Nat attached a cut black sheet to cover her upper body. Steve is behind her, holding a big Fresnel light by its hinges. The Black Widow then proceeds to give him a thumbs up while not moving from her position, claiming the fantastic lightning or something Bucky couldn't care less about.

"I'm not doing this."

"Yes, you are," you are not impressed.

Bucky turns on his heels to face you entirely. "I am a grown adult. I don't want to take pictures with Santa Claus."

You spin on your heels to face him. "Have you ever done it?"

"What?"

"Have you ever taken pictures with a mall's Santa Claus?" you cross your arms as you look at him, already knowing the answer.

"Hum, well... No," Bucky eloquently confirms your suspicions. "But that doesn't mean I want to," he argues.

"It means you have to at least try it," you say. The Winter Soldier opens his mouth to argue, but you beat him. "Do you really think all those people would be waiting in line to do something they don't enjoy at the very least? Do you really think Clint would be elated just by sitting Santa's lap to take a picture if the situation were annoying?" you calmly ask him.

Bucky's only answer it to thread his hand with yours and lead the way to Santa.

He takes more pictures than anyone else that day.