Register

Heeeeeey.

I know I've been gone and college stuff is killing me once again, but I shall return, my dears.

Hope you enjoy the comeback drabble :3

----------------------

"Oh no."

"Oh?"

"It died. I had the list here, and now... It's not."

Bucky uselessly shakes his phone, showing there's no battery on the device. And the shopping list was there.

"Don't worry, I actually wrote down the original list. I think I have it here somewhere." You start patting your pockets. "Aha! Okay, we need all of those," you say as you unfold a piece of paper.

Bucky's eyes grow proportionally larger as each new fold is undone and reveals six more items you have to buy.

"Only those?" he asks, sarcastically, eyeing everything you have to get for barbecue at the Compound.

You press your hand on his jaw and peck his cheek.

"No, honey." You turn the page over, showing it's as written as the other side. "Those, too."

"Great. And why are we the only ones here?" he asks, sulking.

"Natasha is commanding a cleaning team throughout the entire Compound," you smile. "I thought you'd be happy in accompanying me."

Bucky immediately perks up. Cleaning with Nat is just... Not a pleasant experience.

"But of course, doll! You are the joy of my days, of course I'd want to tag along. You know I loooove Walmart."

You nod, smirking, and start walking. "Thought so. So how about we start with the-

"Yeah, you do that. I'll pick the ice cream. If they don't wanna come help, they don't choose flavors," Bucky says pointedly, turns the cart, little tires screeching loudly, and struts to the refrigerators.

Oh well. You're not worried because you know Bucky will get your favorite flavor. What you're worried about, is that he took the cart. A previous experience with Sam and Bucky filling the entire cart with ice cream pots comes to mind, but you shake your head to clear it.

It's not you paying. And you're quite certain that if it does happen, there will be none left. The Team loves ice cream. So you calmly walk to another session to pick some other item.

By the time you have half a cart filled and one quarter of the list crossed – including the ice cream – you hear a woman announcing something on the speakers. Thus, throughout the entire Walmart as well.. Surely, it can't be right. But then she repeats and you come to a halt.

"[Y/n] [Y/L/n], your child is at register 10."

That's your name.

And you doubt there's another [Y/n] [Y/L/n] on this Walmart.

But... You don't have a child.

And surely no kid would just give your name at a register, asking to e handed over to you. You haven't even interacted with a child today.

Curiosity gets the better of you and you cautiously head to register number 10. And you downright cackle. Because Bucky is sitting on the bench, pout very prominent on his face, and a female Walmart employee by his side. He's slowly pushing and pulling the cart – filled to the brim with ice cream pots – with the tip of his foot.

"Do you want a drawing to paint, too?"

Bucky's eyes quickly find you and he lights up... only enough to pout again.

"You left me," he sulks.

You walk over to him, leaning a bit down as you would with a child. "No, I didn't. You went on a mad search for ice cream."

A bright smile takes over the pout. "I got it!"

"I see that."

The woman clears her throat, clearly unamused.

"C'mon, Bucky." You tug on his hand to get out of sight from the Moody Employee, Bucky pushing the cart with easy with his metal arm. You throw a "thank you!" over your shoulder, but the woman practically shows her teeth back at you.

You whistle lowly. "Someone's in a mood." Bucky nods.

Later, when you somehow managed to fit the content of three full carts into the car, you ask.

"You couldn't have called? Texted? Cackowed?"

"My phone died, remember? Even an old man such as myself knows I can't call or text until I charge it, doll," Bucky barks out a laugh because he's a son of a gun like that. Then he stops and turns to you, a hand on his waist. "And, seriously, cackowed?" he snorts, lips still tugged upwards, but you're not done.

"You couldn't have looked through the aisles until you found me?"

"And waste precious time while the ice cream is in the cart? No way, doll. This was faster."

And you can't really argue with his logic.

Unless...

"Well, it was your perfect logic that made you pick the ice cream first."