Fireworks

Prompt: Hi, I was wondering if maybe you could write a fic where the reader wants to watch fireworks with Bucky but hes afraid that it'll trigger him, but doesn't want to disappoint you.

------------------

"I bet it's going to be beautiful!" you gushed as you sat on the blanket. You heard there was going to be a fireworks show in the park, which you loved. So Bucky decided to accompany you. Result: a blanket spread on the ground for you and Bucky to sit and one thrown over the two of you, while waiting for the show to start. You had found a deserted place with a clear view throw the trees to the sky. You could barely wait for it. Bucky, on the other hand, was terrified.

He didn't take explosions lightly. He was afraid that the noise, the lights, something would trigger him.

But he didn't want to disappoint you. That's why he was sitting behind you, his arms around your frame as he tried to think of anything but how tense he was.

"It will," he said and kissed your temple.

"Bucky, it'll be alright," you clutched his arms. "I know you can do this."

You snuggled closer to him and he rested his chin on your shoulder as it started.

By the time the last firework vanished, he was calm, at ease and smiling.

You turned on your seat to peck his cheek.

"I knew you could do it."

He smiled at you. "Not without you."