Uncover

Request: Oh my gods! I love this stuff so much! You are such a good author! Can you do one where they are uncover and you get hurt?

-----------

"Tell me again why do I have to be in the ridiculous fantasy?"

Clint was currently doing fancy dance movements with people on the street dressed as a giant hot dog. Bucky was leaning against the railing, ice cream in hand and sunglasses on his face, observing the situation.

"Because we needed a distraction."

"I just wish I could see better. A dancing hot dog sure does the job," you heard him mumbling through the coms.

"It does. Now stop complaining and give me something."

He told you about the two agents that were unsuccessfully trying to blend in on the crowds of the pier, the ones about ten meters away from your position.

"[Y/l/n], Barnes, engage when you can," came Steve's voice.

You walked swiftly to their back, mixing up in the crowd perfectly, Bucky doing to the same from their front. You spotted Bucky and nodded before starting on a full sprint to throw your body against one of them while Bucky landed a solid punch on the second's face.

The fight went for another minute, moving to the other side of the pier, away from both Clint and Steve. Then a third agent, one that Clint didn't see, came into scene. As his colleagues were dead, he decided to use his secret weapon: a bomb.

You shouted for the civilians to clear out while you ran but you and Bucky were still dangerously close to it when it exploded. Bucky wrapped his arms around you, using his body as a shield to protect you. The explosion sent the two of you flying, his arms firmly holding you.

Bucky landed on his back, taking most of the impact, with you on top of him, but still rolled over twice. You ended up a few meters from him.

You tried to rise, but fell back on the floor when your leg couldn't support your weight.

"Ow!"

Your leg hurt, but there wasn't blood or any open wound.

"[Y/n]!" Bucky called, kneeling beside you. He gently placed his metal hand on your leg, the pain soothed mildly because of the coldness.

Clint and Steve kneeled next to you too, concerned but not touching you, afraid you were in pain.

"Clint," you said, which prompted him to look at your face, "Next time, let's find you a hot dog costume that allows you to see."

And then they laughed, knowing you'd be just fine.