Puppy Dog Eyes

Prompt: 2. "No, no. Not the puppy dog eyes, don't you fucking dare. Dammit."

----------------------------------------

"[Y/n], doll!" Bucky singing your name plus his gallant smile once he found you on the couch were enough to make you suspicious.

You lowered your book so he could only see your narrowed eyes. "What do you want, Barnes?"

"Oh, c'mon, doll, don't look at me like that," he all but whined. You marked the book and laid it on the coffee table.

"Don't pretend you're not here to ask me for something." He opened his mouth to respond, but you were quicker to continue. "And don't say it's nothing. You know the meaning of the word 'subtle' as well as Steve."

"Thanks!" The blond supersoldier yelled from the kitchen.

"This is terrible, Steve!" Bucky answered.

"Hey!"

"Anyway, doll," he sat beside you and grabbed your hands gently before pressing a caste kiss in each, "All I came here for was a minor, tiny, innocent favor from my favorite person in the world."

"Hey!" Steve yelled again.

"You two share the first spot!"

It took a few seconds, but the answer eventually came. "Okay!"

"Now shut up, punk, I'm trying something here," Bucky shouted then turned back to you.

You arched an eyebrow. "And what would that be?"

He brought your hands nearer his face and rested his chin on them, while still holding them with his own.

"You see, you make those delicious cak-"

"You're asking me to cook for you?"

"Only if you want to feed your boyfriend and your friend."

"But I'm so comfortable here."

And you indeed were. Laying on the couch, binge watching a new show, with chocolate right next to you, wrapped in a cozy comforter and your favorite hoodie, the hood pulled up.

But then Bucky gave you that face.

"No, no. Not the puppy dog eyes, don't you fucking dare. Dammit."

You tried to avoid you gaze from falling over him, but there was no way to pull away from him. Not that you really wanted to.

You had no choice but to rise and make his favorite cake, with Bucky grinning beautifully. At least he and Steve kept you company.