Sad Beeps

Prompt: 175. "Help me, the computer's making sad beeps again. Make it happy, please."

-----------------------------

You entered the living room with a bowl of crackers to see Bucky on the couch. His eyebrows were furrowed together and his lips formed a thin line, his his eyes concentrated.

"Hey, Buck," you chipped, plopping down next to him.

"Hey." His computer beeped. "Oh no, not again," he sighed, closing his eyes and letting his head fall back.

"Bucky?"

He turned to you. "Help me, the computer's making sad beeps again. Make it happy, please."

You reached out and turned the laptop to you, quickly finding the problem.

"It's easy, okay? You just gotta-"

And then the screen went black.

"Oh my God, I killed it," Bucky mumbled, his fingers brushing his long hair back. "It's dead. I killed the computer."

Your hands grabbed his, trying to calm him down.

"It's not dead, it's sleeping. You gotta give it battery and he'll live, okay?" You raised from the couch, grabbed the charger, plugged in on a wall socket and on the computer. You stood behind him, your elbows propped by the couch as your hands motioned to make your explanations easier for him. "See? You just connect it like that and he'll live."

A couple of seconds after your phrase, the screen was bright again.

Bucky was awestruck. His eyes were wide and his mouth hung open. Adorable. "It's alive."

You chuckled, leaned down to press a kiss on his cheek, ruffled his hair and escalated the back of the couch to plop down beside him once again.

"Netflix?" he offered.

"Yep."