Drunk?

Prompt: 228. "What did last night mean?"

------------------------------------

Bucky knocked on your door and entered your room when he heard you invite him in.

"Oh, hey, Buck," you blushed deeply upon seeing him.

"Hey, [Y/n]," he said and closed the door with the weight of his body, leaning against it. "Can I talk to you?"

He was as nervous as you, fidgeting wit the doorknob behind him.

You knew what he wanted to talk about. Last night, after a considerable amount of alcohol and Asgardian liquor, the team sat around in the living room, talking and chatting.

Suddenly, your lips grumbled a slow-motioned answer to something Bucky had blurred out. He turned to you and you turned to him, gazes locked.

No one saw it coming. Yes, it was obvious one had feelings for the other, but not one move had been made. Until that moment.

In a split of a second, his hand was on the back of your neck, pulling you towards his muscled chest. His dipped his head so his lips could meet yours in s soft kiss. You immediately kissed him back, regardless of the alcohol in your system.

You shook your head to focus in the moment and try to clear your throat from the lump that formed. "Sure." You motioned to your bed and you two sat by the end of it, side by side.

Bucky took a deep breath, but seemed at a loss of words, so you took over.

"We were drunk," you breathed, "You didn't mean to do it, I get it. Let's just pretend it never happened and move on," you offered, your heart stinging with every words that slipped out of your mouth.

"[Y/n], I thought you knew that I can't get drunk."

You snapped your head to face him.

"But I completely understand if you wish to pretend it never happened."

You had never shook your head faster. If it wasn't for your training, you would probably be dizzy.

"What did last night mean?" you managed to ask.

Maybe it meant nothing and you were overreacting. Bucky might have been a little tipsy after all, maybe he didn't know he could get drunk, maybe he was being nice to you and pretending to give the option of turning him down instead of being turned down.

You could feel his gaze burning holes in your body.

"Oficialization that we have a crush on each other."

You blinked, remembering your question from your previous internal doubts.

"And what are we gonna do about it?"

He smirked and shifted, so his body was facing yours, and leaned his face toward yours.

"I don't know about you, but I'm gonna kiss you one more time. I'd appreciate if you kissed me back again, doll."

As if he had to ask.