Sidetracked Chapter 6: The Grand War

Darkness covered all, leaving only the two voices that spoke from its grasp.

"I AM THE MYSTERIOUS AND ALL-POWERFUL SKULL HEART. I FLOAT BEFORE THEE WITH THE POWER TO GRANT ANY WISH YOU DESIRE, WITH NO STRINGS ATTACHED WHATSOEVER."

Legend tells of an ancient artifact that can grant a woman's wish...

"WHAT IS IT YOU SEEK, ROYAL WOMAN?"

"I...I wish for this war to finally end!"

If she is impure of heart her wish will be corrupted and she will turn into an immensely powerful, twisted being of destruction...

"HAHAHA HOW NAIVE AND DESPERATE YOU MUST BE TO TRUST AN OMINOUS SKULL. IT SHALL BE YOUR UNDOING FOR NOW YOU MUST BECOME THE SKULLGIRL!"

...But I thought you had to be impure to become a Skullgirl.

...

The sight of an eerie and familiar badlands area set the stage for what appeared to be a ruined battlefield, decorated with countless corpses of soldiers who fought for their land. The uniforms of the deceased had patches of the three known nations: Chess Kingdom, Gigan Nation and the well-known Canopy Kingdom, revealing the participants.

A bearded red headed male, appearing in his late 30's or early 40's, laid in wake at the center of a crossroad with bruises and dirt covering his bod. He was dressed in an all black tuxedo with a white dress shirt underneath and a red tie, to top it off he had a stylish beige cloak decorated with gold trimming along the collar and hem, the black umbrella patch, the Canopy Kingdom's symbol, was embedded on the right side of his beige garment. His most notable physical trait was the scar over his right eye.

As the wind picked up, blowing dust from off of the ground, the nameless male slowly turns his head to the right, approaching was a giant of a man, in fact, he was a Gigan, with spiked horns protruding from his head, pointy ears and a teal skin tone, his yellow monochromatic eyes were yellow with a black outline. Unlike the more business oriented redhead the Gigan was heavily outfitted in black Samurai armor that had spiked vines around the shoulders and upper chest plate, seemingly held together with a cherry blossom flower, most likely a button of some sort.

The downed male weakly clenches his left hand at the sight, but then looks over to his left where he sees another figure approaching.

The second figure was a woman who appeared similar in age to the two males. She was a beautiful woman, with long, yet spiky, back length pink hair. She had a more medieval style motif going for her, appearing similar to a witch. She had it all; a large and pointed wizard hat that drooped near the end, a black and sleeveless dress that reached her hips with black, thigh high stockings to go with it. She even had bewitching high heels and black lipstick to match.

Realizing the two factions were approaching the weak man retracts his gaze, now going back to looking up at the sky with a sigh.

The two faction leaders now stand over him, looking down to his weary body and they stay like this for a moment, until the Gigan warrior crouched down and extends his hand out to the man as a means of helping him.

After seeing the gesture the middle aged gentleman snickers to himself and closed his eyes, inhaling and exhaling out of relief. Once he opens his eyes he takes the Gigan's hand and stands.

Out of the thousands of soldiers that took part in the unseen battle they were the only ones left standing. Before them was a lone golden weapon with a silver handle sheathed in the ground.

The tux wearing man approaches the weapon, grabs a hold of the handle and pulls it out from the earth, revealing the weapon to have an umbrella design with a crown at its tip.