- Encore: Chapter 6 + 7 -

Following the recent chaos of Marie's rampage against the Medicis and her disappearance, panic around New Meridian was beginning to settle, bringing with it a comforting period of peace.

Downtown was closed off to the public for reconstruction and investigation.

Princess Parasoul had the Black Egrets searching high and low for Marie, Valentine, and any of their associates, but there had been no sightings since the incident.

Umbrella made a full recovery and began special training with her sister at a discreet location far from civilization.

Parasoul became quite protective of her sister since the incident, but it was never to an unbearable degree for Umbrella.

The Renoir sisters spending time through training brought them closer together as a family.

...

October 20th, 8:30am

Filia and the Player were spending their Monday morning by a shallow creak away from the city.

Filia stood barefoot in the ankle deep water while the Player watched her from land with her hat, leggings, and shoes by his side.

Filia was focusing her mind with meditation and took a deep breath before letting out an extensive exhale.

"MmmMmmmMmmm. MmmmMmmmm," the Player hummed on the side.

Filia's mouth nudges from the sudden distraction.

"Just keep concentrating, Filia," Samson said while trying to keep his cool and maintain focus.

"...I'm trying, but-"

"Hmmmm. Mmmm! Mmmmmm," he began taping his foot making the grass crunch under his shoe.

It was impossible to keep a solid focus with all the noise.

Filia and Samson broke their concentration and acknowledged the Player for his disruptions.

"Player!" Filia called out only to see that he wasn't paying them no mind.

The Player had his eyes closed and was lightly motioning his body as though he was dancing.

He was wearing a pair of headphones that drowned out any noise from beyond them with a song that was loud enough to be heard from outside the ear muffs.

"What the hell is he doing?" Samson asked.

Filia rolled her eyes and walks over to him with wet feet. She stood behind him with her hands on her hips.

"Player!"

He couldn't hear her and kept dancing, blissfully unaware of her presence.

"You'll never see it comiiiing!" He suddenly broke out into song which made Filia flinch. "You'll see that my mind is too fast for eyes! You're done in! By the time it hits you: Your last surprise! Oooooh," his rhythm was getting more in tune with the song and got a bit more into it.

Filia sighs and tapped the Player's shoulder.

Feeling her touch, he opened his eyes and looked over his shoulder to see an unamused Filia standing there. He pulled the headphones down so that they were around his neck.

"Oh, hey. You done?" He asked innocently.

"Done?" She asked with her hands back on her hips. "I couldn't concentrate with your singing."

"I was being loud? Sorry about that," he smiled while looking down to his headphones.

Seeing his smile caused Filia to smile in return before giggling at his carefree response, though Samson wasn't impressed.