Chapter 16.5: Thread of Sacrifice

SKULLGIRLS
2ND ENCORE

PRESS ANY BUTTON TO START

...

SINGLE PLAYER

VERSUS

TRAINING

HELP & OPTIONS

LEADERBOARDS

EXTRAS
Credits, art galleries and other various and sundry ephemera

...

ART GALLERY
View staggering works of genius by the Lovely Art Team

CREDITS

CONTRIBUTORS

MARIE 300%

BACK

Distorted World
Time Immoral

Aeon softly groans and pouts when the gallery section for all the playable characters of her game came up blank. She cycles through each one in hopes that she'd find something despite knowing the result would be the same.

"I should uninstall the game and clear the save file. Start anew," Aeon said with a sigh.

"Do you know how long it would take to reinstall all of that while we're out here?" Venus asked while flipping through 'Hard Times' a novel of some kind featuring Deep Violet.

"Yes, yes. I know," Aeon placed her elbow on the fight stick and rests her cheek in her palm.

"Besides, the new Season Pass is on the way. No point in doing it now."

"Still, I hate being locked out of content, and I can't unlock any art because he completely derailed everyone's story."

"Well, look on the bright side: once we get our new Skullgirl you can use her to challenge that Marie 300% nonsense. Beat her and you'll unlock the entire gallery portfolio."

"Why don't we just use 300% Marie to purge the Crimson Scourge? She seems cheap enough to make it easy."

"Wrong devil to deal with, sister," Venus sounded a bit leery at the idea. "Besides, I'm sure only the Player can beat Marie 300%. He seems more skilled than you when it comes to this little game of ours."

"Please, he doesn't even know how to use a full team yet," Aeon scoffed.

"No, but it's only a matter of time. He may just be a Filia and Squigly main now, but he has a solid enough grasp with Cerebella, Painwheel, Annie, Valentine, and even Umbrella to solo main them and be effective. Let's not forget he hasn't even gotten to Peacock, Big Band, and Ms. Fortune yet."

"...What about-?"

"Banned. Mother's design is keeping him as far away from her as possible," Venus interjected already knowing where Aeon was going with her question. "We can't risk him synchronizing with her again."

"...Right. That one timeline-" Aeon reflects.

...

The timeline in question: The world plunged into a bloody fate.