Chapter 17.5: Thread of Aspiration

Aeon: It's all...a bit like a game to me. It's a device that fell from the 21st century, and I find that it helps me trace the branching threads of fate on the other side. Purity, Charity, Fortitude, Justice, Diligence, Kindness, and Temperance, the seven virtues that define them.

Venus: Lust, Greed, Wrath, Pride, Sloth, Envy, and Gluttony, the seven sins that destines them for corruption. It is the fate of all who are chosen to fall for their sins and serve us.

...

Thread of Purity

"Well, this is it, kid... Whatcha gonna wish for?" Samson asked.

"I need to make this wish count..." Filia contemplates, looking in awe as she feels the power radiating off of the Skull Heart.

The more she thought about the journey leading up to this point she came to understand just how badly she wanted to know everything

The more she thought about the journey leading up to this point she came to understand just how badly she wanted to know everything. Filia closed her eyes and took a deep breath,

"Samson's been trying to hide something from me. Maybe to protect me, maybe to manipulate me... I need to know. I lost my memories when Samson attached himself to me... So I should get them back when he comes off, right?"

Samson's eyes widen in horror at Filia's comment, but her mind was made up before he could get a word in.

"...Skull Heart! I wish for..."

"No, Filia! Don't! You asked me to...!"

"...My memory to return!"

"An interesting choice. Neither your memories nor your death will allow you to escape your fate. The fate that befalls all who misuse my power... A selfish choice.

Aeon: Lust, by definition, is a psychological force producing intense desire for something and is often mistaken for being mutually exclusive to sexual desire. Lust can take any form such as the lust for money, or power. Anything you crave intensely is a lustful desire.

Venus: How dull to waste the sin on anything beyond its most commonly associated meaning.

Aeon: Mind your excitement, sister.

Venus: Yes, yes, I know. The amnesiac's desire for answers long passed has damned her. Alternatively her misplaced guilt for another brought with it an unhealthy craving for retribution. To clear her conscious for a crime she wasn't sure she committed.

...

Thread of Charity

Vice-Versa held out its large hand under the Skull Heart as Cerebella ponders on what to do with it. She had a mission to complete, but the intoxicating radiance of the Skull Heart left her curious.

"...Can it really make him love me?"

Can it really make him love me?"