39: should I hold your hand?

C H A P T E R
T H I R T Y - N I N E

"Where are you taking me?" I said.

"You'll see," He replied with a smug expression.

I sighed and looked away.

These thoughts are bothering me. I'm definitely nervous.

After minutes, we finally arrived at our destination.

A restaurant?

It was a restaurant that seemed familiar to me. As if something happened here years ago.

"We're here!" Taehyung said as he turned the engine off and unbuckled his seatbelt.

"Where are we?" I asked as I unbuckled my seatbelt.

"You forgot? Come on, I'll take you inside to see if you remember some of it," He said.

I knew it. This is clearly a place where something happened years ago.

As we went inside, the place was really fragrant. It wasn't really crowded but it was classy. Like a high end restaurant.

He went to the counter and I followed him behind.

"Reservation for two under Kim Taehyung." He muttered.

"Right this way Mr. Kim," The lady gestured as she accompanied us on our way to the table.

We sat down and I looked around to see if it was familiar to me.

"Your food will be in ten minutes," She said as she left the table and proceeded to go back to her place.

"Hey, isn't the view nice?" Taehyung asked.

"Y-Yeah," I stuttered, trying to look away from him and avoiding eye contact.

"Look at me." He commanded.

I hesitantly turned and looked at him in the eyes.

"Have you forgotten about this place?" He said.

I knew it. Something actually happened in this place but I can't remember it.

"W-What?" I replied.

"You actually forgot," He said with a quite disappointed tone visible in his voice.

"I guess so." I mumbled.

He loudly sighed with a pout. I placed my hands on the table and he snatched it.

"Your hands are so soft and smooth. I think it would look better if I held it," He said with a smile as he gently caressed it with his thumb.

I looked at him softly as he played with my hand. He then interlocked his hands onto mine.

"Should I hold your hands? 'Til the night ends?" He muttered.

"S-Sure," I replied.

I stuttered so much today. Is it because I'm with the person I hate and love at the same time? Or is it because I'm not used to this anymore and quite nervous?