36: peonies

C H A P T E R
T H I R T Y - S I X

"You what? Baby, answer me." He asked, already worried on that words that I will say.

I'm nervous on telling him this stupid dream. A stupid dream which I'm the one who'll leave him. I don't want to lose him again. Like what hapenned five years ago.

All because of this stupid mafia war between the family. I never wanted to be here in this situation, but its in the whole blood.

This is illegal but luckily they aren't that famous to be wanted by the police.

"Baby?" He called out as he caressed my head.

"One more baby and I'll leave you." I said as I gritted my teeth.

"Okay okay I'm sorry ba- Y/N. Now tell me, what happened?" He asked again, I totally forgot the topic that we were talking about.

I hissed in nervously. "I-I.." I can't seem to say it. I will say it. I can do this.

I was at the verge of crying, imagining that I died during the war. Leaving Taehyung all alone. I can't do that.

"Taehyung, I'm already scared of this dream about the war." I stated, my body shivering from the coldness of the whole room.

"What? What happened?" He worryingly asked.

"I d-died." I blurted out. "I died because I escaped. He shot me."

"You w-what?" Taehyung questioned again. A heavy sigh escaped his mouth, his eyes widened from hearing the words.

"I already told you," I sniffed, my vision starting to get blurry as my eyes became watery.

"Y/N, that would never ever happen," Taehyung stated, pulling me into his arms as he caressed my hair gently.

I blinked as tears started to come out of my eyes, he took the remote control for the air conditioner and turned it off. His warm touch made me safe and comfortable.

I snuggled more as his arms were wrapped around my body. His manly scent is attractive. I smiled a little as I felt comfortable.

He caressed my head gently as I stopped sniffling, he broke the hug and looked directly into my eyes. He cupped my face in his hands and gently wiped away my excess teardrops earlier.

"Y/N, I will do everything to protect you. Trust me," He mumbled and softly smiled. He planted a small kiss on my forehead before bringing me back to his cuddle.

"Mhm. Love." I whispered, closing my eyes and preparing to sleep.

I snuggled more into his cuddle to make me comfortable, I could feel him smiling.

"Are you smiling?" I mumbled.

"Yeah. I'm proud that I have my baby in my arms now," He stated.

From the words that came out of his mouth, my heart did a thing. I don't know why. I'm slowly falling deeper again.

"Sleep. I will be here," He said, patting my head gently and he placed another kiss on my head.