Part Fifty-Four: Smile Through The Tears, Laugh Through The Pain.

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing here?" I asked bluntly, surprised of seeing him. I can tell he looked surprised from seeing me too because his eyes were wide in shock. He shook his head slightly to wake up from the shock and then smiled to me,

"How are you, Lauren?" he asked in a low voice, his tone holding so much pain in it.

"I asked you a question; what are you doing here?" I repeated pettishly, gritting my teeth.

"Umm, I… I came to talk to Camila, I didn't know you were here." He finally answered and I felt my heart hitch in pain; he didn't come to see me, he came to talk to Camila.

"What do you want from her?" I asked again after taking a deep breath to stop my tears from falling.

"Zayn?" Camila suddenly showed up, stopping him from answering me. She walked outside to him and gave him a quick hug, "How are you Camz?" he asked her with a smile.

"I'm good, what about you?"

"Good." He answered as he looked at me. I kept glaring at him with my arms crossed over my chest.

"Why you're still standing outside? Get in!" Camila opened the door for him and I moved from their way. They both got in and then Camila closed the door. They went to the living room and sat on the couch.

"I'm gonna make you a coffee." I said to Zayn with a forced smile.

"No, it's okay I don't want to bother you." he said but I ignored him and walked to the kitchen. The coffee was just an excuse so I won't sit with them, I couldn't sit with Zayn in the same room without remembering everything we shared. But the worst part from all of this is that I felt sorry for him; he looked hurt. His eyes were full of pain and he looked tired. It's so hard for me to see him like this without being able to do anything.

The truth is I missed him. It has been only two days but I miss him so much. I miss his smiles and his laughs. I miss his hugs and his kisses. I miss how we used to talk for hours and spend time together. I miss our morning walks, I miss when he used to sneak to my room at the middle of the night and lay next to me. I miss his smell, I miss his touch, I miss him.. everything about him.

I put my hands on the table and looked at the blank wall in front of me. I took deep breaths to calm myself. I was on the verse of crying and I didn't want to do this now, not with him sitting a room away from me. I can't let him sense my weakness. I can't let him see me crying. I can't show him how broken I am.

This can happen in one way; I have to stay away from him. I have to avoid him as much as possible. That would be hard but I have to do it.

I took my phone out from my pocket and searched for Liam's number. after I founded it I pressed the call button and waited for him to answer.

"Morning Lauren." Liam's sleepy voice came from the other end of the phone.

"Morning Liam, how are you?"

"Good sweetie, what about you?"

"Good. Umm Liam, can you come and pick me up from Camila's house?" I asked in embarrassment, not wanting to bother him or anything.

"Why? Are you bored?" he asked jokingly.

"No no, but it's just… Camila is going to her work and I don't want to stay here by myself." I lied, it was okay for me to wait for Camila here, but I didn't want to stay in one place with Zayn.

"Oh, I see. I'll come and pick you in a minute, be ready."

"I will, thank you so much Liam."

"No problem sweetie." and with that he ended the call. I put my phone back into my pocket and then started making Zayn's coffee.